Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: Mt. Lion killed in Connecticut....

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    I am not going to argue or dispute what YOU do w/ reports as I don't KNOW you as well as I KNOW some of MY LOCAL Gestapo. People I've known and have listened to stories from for 20 years. Plenty of behaviors and acts that occur here would probably have you spinning in a fit trying to defend or dispute because they are NOT legal or to the same bounds as any other police officer in PA. Not even gonna get into it, my word against the 'thin green line'. 'Nuf said.

So have you ever brought in a tracking dog to a reported sighting? Do you even have access to the appropriate trained tracking dogs in PA? ( I would venture a guess of 'No'. I mean really, how many people keep a tracking dog for an extinct animal? duh, right?)
    No offense to WCO,R.W.J, but I also have a VERY bad opinion on my local guys. I can honestly say I have only met one guy in green that I could even tolerate, and I have one that I downright despise. I'm sure there's some good ones out there, but the rest have more than ruined my outlook already.

As far as reporting sightings, due to my skewed outlook of my local GC officers I wouldn't call them if my life depended on it. I've called them on a few occasions for different things, and each time has further ruined my outlook on them. I know what I saw and that's good enough for me, knowing my friend and his dad on separate trips saw it in the same area confirms to me that I'm not crazy. Or that all three of us are just crazy

(Franklin County)

For those discussing it getting the permit for the exotics that u need a permit for(my croc doesnt need one), the permit process is rediculously hard. Its not hard to find who lost thir animal as each permit is issued for that exact species, after a lengthy and nearly impossible permit process(2years plus of first hand care of that exact species). Stupidly the good furry stuff needs permits(except primates) but the HOT reptiles and crocs do not. Imho no permits should be required but thats another day.

To the game warden, I could use some help finding who I contact and where the approved facilitys are for an african serval. Can u pm me?
    Last edited by leplat; June 15th, 2011 at 05:02 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bronco View Post
    I can assure you that if you are building a new home or sizable addition in Lehigh County, you will have multiple different inspectors on site at some point, and without their approval, you will not be able to continue building.
    Perhaps driving would be a better comparison.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Building and owning a home is a highly regulated activity, should that give officers increased "latitude" to stop by and ensure all the standards are met before they have evidence or suspicion that they aren't?
    They do have the "latitude". I currently have a client that got caught. He has 30 days to comply with the buildiing codes or rip out what's done. After 30 days he can be fined $1000/day until he complies.

Standard inspection points:
    foundation
    framing
    electric, plumbing & heating roughins (before drywall}
    final inspection upon completion before occupancy approval.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    They do have the "latitude". I currently have a client that got caught. He has 30 days to comply with the buildiing codes or rip out what's done. After 30 days he can be fined $1000/day until he complies.

Standard inspection points:
    foundation
    framing
    electric, plumbing & heating roughins (before drywall}
    final inspection upon completion before occupancy approval.
    alright, alright, bad example ... I get the point

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    alright, alright, bad example ... I get the point
    Just wanted to point out it could get very expensive thinking they don't have the latitude. Not trying to be a smart ass.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Just wanted to point out it could get very expensive thinking they don't have the latitude. Not trying to be a smart ass.
    Yeah I know, I hadn't really thought that one through fully before posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    Thanks for the links & info....still boggles my mind how there can be so much regulation but be so short sighted to creating a solution to resolving who's responsible for escaped animals. no ear tags, no tattoos, no anything to link an escaped animal to the owner?

And a double thanks for the info in the PM. I'll be calling tomorrow a.m.
    \\

Sort of like the 17 year old kid who shoots up a street corner. So many regs blah blah blah.
    Jules

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345