Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Lowes Certified Guns

I was at Lowes today that's located in Sellersville with a buddy of mine that was a fairly frequent customer at this shop, and he brought a knife in a while ago to have sent off for free sharpening to the company, and for whatever reason, Paul never sent it off and sharpened it himself, and tried to charge him I think $30. So, today when he went there to find out what the deal was, and informed Paul of what he wanted him to do, Paul tossed the knife to him and said "don't ever come back to my store, ever". I'm not sure of the circumstances leading up to this, but as far as I'm concerned, you should NEVER treat your customers like this, and I will never be doing business with him as a result.

Proud member of:

Default Re: Lowes Certified Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    I was at Lowes today that's located in Sellersville with a buddy of mine that was a fairly frequent customer at this shop, and he brought a knife in a while ago to have sent off for free sharpening to the company, and for whatever reason, Paul never sent it off and sharpened it himself, and tried to charge him I think $30. So, today when he went there to find out what the deal was, and informed Paul of what he wanted him to do, Paul tossed the knife to him and said "don't ever come back to my store, ever". I'm not sure of the circumstances leading up to this, but as far as I'm concerned, you should NEVER treat your customers like this, and I will never be doing business with him as a result.
    I take it "Paul" is a Lowe's employee...? And what does this have to with "certified guns" (what ever that is)?

Sounds like your friend should be contacting Lowe's management, as it's possible "Paul" might be pocketing the $30, and they likely won't tolerate skimming.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    I take it "Paul" is a Lowe's employee...? And what does this have to with "certified guns" (what ever that is)?

Sounds like your friend should be contacting Lowe's management, as it's possible "Paul" might be pocketing the $30, and they likely won't tolerate skimming.
    this isnt a lowes home / hardware store he is talking about the name of the gun shop is Lowes Certified Guns LLC
    link to gun shop

(Fulton County)

$30 bucks to sharpen a knife?

Im in the wrong biz!

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    this isnt a lowes home / hardware store he is talking about the name of the gun shop is Lowes Certified Guns LLC
    link to gun shop
    Check, thanks.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    link to gun shop
    Yeah, that's correct. I should have provided a link to the shop. Thanks for posting that.

Proud member of:

(Chester County)

Just one of many reasons I will never deal with them.

(Bucks County)

Every time I've been in that shop they've been rude to me. I wanted to sell a Mossberg shotgun to get some cash to buy a firearm they had there, and he was rude to me about a reasonable price. I packed the gun up and left. My dad went in to ask about Ruger 10/22's and Paul tried to argue with him about which website Ruger uses to list dealers. Here is a customer, coming in with a specific model of gun in mind who just wants to place an order, and he is going to argue about websites? My dad went to another store, American Arms in Colmar, and spent a little more just to avoid dealing with Lowes.

I don't have a favorite gun shop, but I do have a least favorite.

(Bucks County)

when john robinson was working at lowes as their gunsmith i visited there several times and was always treated politely by the staff. i never purchased a gun from lowes but they still treated me OK and i spent at least 30 minutes shooting the s... with them each time i stopped by. not doubting your word but why would your friend need a gunshop to ship a knife??? seems if there was a free sharpening service he would just box it up and mail it.

(Bucks County)

I know John Robinson and he's a great guy!!

I've never been to Lowe's, so I've got no comment.

RGKSR

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast