Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lowes Certified Guns

A quick check of the website shows they offer high prices as well as great customer service.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: Lowes Certified Guns

I have had no problems with Lowes.
    I started going to Lowes to avoid more local rude shops.

It's tuff to work deals.If you get shut-down you feel the owner is being rude to you, the buyer.You need thick skin to haggle price.Remember your not going to make friends.

(Bucks County)

The customer is always right still, correct? Did they change the policy?

Who goes to a gun store with cash in hand and has to argue with people over something as stupid as what website lists a manufacturers dealers? Or to be berated over correct resale value on firearms? Ah yes, I forgot that they sell Mossberg shotguns for $75 new, here, have my firearm please, you're really doing me a favor.

All of the other "gun people" I've dealt with have been more than willing to help fellow gun owners, either store owners/employees and people I've dealt with on the forums and in person. Lowes seems to be more interested in being right than being helpful.

I'm glad some people had positive experiences there, I am just giving my feedback.

(Bucks County)

I only purchase one firearm from Lowes' and that was 2 years ago. It was the most professional sale I ever had.
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

(Philadelphia County)

i have dealt with all those guys in there, paul knew his stuff but the other guys didnt. I felt as though Tore and Bill were totally clueless. Tore will tell u anything is good to just sell the stuff u are looking at.

on a side note i do think his prices are high as new firearms are only a few dollars more then his used ones.

i bought a AK off of him one time and it was the biggest piece of shit ever, the barrel was literally bent and you could see it (which i didnt see when i bought it becuase who takes a straight edge with them).

anyway after that experience i actually stumbled upon john at seneca arms and he has gotten every single dime of mine since then. Senecas prices are way better and i think the service/recommendations are straight up, if something is a piece of crap john will tell u.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Perkascene View Post
    Every time I've been in that shop they've been rude to me. I wanted to sell a Mossberg shotgun to get some cash to buy a firearm they had there, and he was rude to me about a reasonable price. I packed the gun up and left. My dad went in to ask about Ruger 10/22's and Paul tried to argue with him about which website Ruger uses to list dealers. Here is a customer, coming in with a specific model of gun in mind who just wants to place an order, and he is going to argue about websites? My dad went to another store, American Arms in Colmar, and spent a little more just to avoid dealing with Lowes.

I don't have a favorite gun shop, but I do have a least favorite.
    +1 to American Arms in Colmar.

Also, what day of the week was this, not making any excuses but, the Bucks/Montgomery areas seem to see customer service slide from Tuesday's to Sunday. I try to go to the shops early in the week because even the nicest guys are pissy by Saturday/Sunday.
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

(Bucks County)

I'm pretty sure John has retired and is no longer working at Lowes.

I've been to lowes to purchase quite a few firearms so far and they seem to be the best...as long as that's what your going for. They also don't get upset like other gun shops if you find a great deal on gun broker for what you want and need it shipped to them. They charge me a fixed rate of $30 per transfer, not 10% like some other places, which adds up, especially when your spending 2 g's or more. I try to deal mainly with Tor, he's a real people friendly guy and helps me out on a lot of things. I don't know all the particulars to the transaction your friend may have had, I personally would have sent the knife myself directly to the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    They also don't get upset like other gun shops if you find a great deal on gun broker for what you want and need it shipped to them. They charge me a fixed rate of $30 per transfer, not 10% like some other places, which adds up, especially when your spending 2 g's or more.
    holy crap! you know places that charge 10% of the value of the firearm for transfers? who the hell would use them in their right mind?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 45reloader View Post
    I have had no problems with Lowes.
    I started going to Lowes to avoid more local rude shops.

It's tuff to work deals.If you get shut-down you feel the owner is being rude to you, the buyer.You need thick skin to haggle price.Remember your not going to make friends.
    They have a 'no haggling' sign up. It's the red LED scrolling sign behind the counter, as I recall.

Also, what day of the week was this, not making any excuses but, the Bucks/Montgomery areas seem to see customer service slide from Tuesday's to Sunday. I try to go to the shops early in the week because even the nicest guys are pissy by Saturday/Sunday.
    Lowes is closed Sunday and Monday, so I guess that explains it!

I bought an AR from them a couple of years ago. I got a decent, but not great price. I have looked at some other things there, but their prices and some of the attitude put me off.

I have used them for transfers, no problems there. They are close by so that is a plus.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast