A while back I was interested in getting into competitive shooting. I took a ride out to The Handgunner and picked up a Smith & Wesson M&P and spoke to Dean about IPSC shooting at Topton. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it to a match and life got busy, wound up getting laid off for a while, and giving competitive shooting a try was put on the back burner.

Now that life has settled down a bit, I'd like to get out and give the sport a try. I've been looking around and it looks like Topton may be the only option for me being in the Reading area (and the club seems to bounce around from Pistil to 3 Gun depending on the month).

Are there any other clubs in the area that have open to the public shoots, that would be new shooter friendly? I have a couple of "gun guy" friends but none of them seem to have an interest in competitive shooting. Is there anyone on the forum that would be willing to show me the ropes?

I'm a member at both MASA and Daniel Boone, if anyone is a member of those clubs and would like to get together for some informal shooting, I'd be up for that as well.

Thanks