Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default dicks, franklin mills

$12 per box rem/umc .9mm. was there early evening on friday and picked uo 5 boxes.

the duche in the lodge called the manager " to check if it was cool to sell that much ammo to one person" wtf?

meantime im selling a knife to a daughter shopping for fathers day cause this same dick had no clue.

wtf dicks sporting goods. spend a mofo buck and at least hire interested fuckers. i hate that place in f.m. gotta be the worst DSG around.

when the girl bought the sog i suggested they put the PACKAGED knife in a corny plastic safe box for her to take to the counter. fuckin dumbasses.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: dicks, franklin mills

went in this morning, the gentlemen behind the counter was very knowledgeable AND helpful, gave me no trouble with a 5 box purchase. Guess you just got there at the wrong time. :-)

(Fayette County)

The same sale is going on here in western PA too.

Only problem is they were out of stock at the dicks I went to.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Wayne County)

How many rounds in that box ?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyAR View Post
    How many rounds in that box ?
    What difference does it make?
    If it was 20 or 250 a box it is all the same.
    There is no limitation on how much ammo you can buy or possess.

Unless you are asking because you want to know if it was a good deal, in which case I will just shut up already. LOL

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    $12 per box rem/umc .9mm. was there early evening on friday and picked uo 5 boxes.

the duche in the lodge called the manager " to check if it was cool to sell that much ammo to one person" wtf?

meantime im selling a knife to a daughter shopping for fathers day cause this same dick had no clue.

wtf dicks sporting goods. spend a mofo buck and at least hire interested fuckers. i hate that place in f.m. gotta be the worst DSG around.

when the girl bought the sog i suggested they put the PACKAGED knife in a corny plastic safe box for her to take to the counter. fuckin dumbasses.
    Yep.

I went there to pick up a few boxes of 7.62x39 HP. Just enough to fill my mags.

The younger guy looked at me like I was a sick twisted freak. LOL.
    Then he tells me "they don't sell that kind of ammo here" as if I AK ammo is some devil spawn.

I pointed to it in the glass case and said, "yea ya do".

The whole "we have to bring the ammo up to the cashier for you" thing is lame.

But, I sort of liked it while I repeated to myself "yea, you carry my ammo up to the cashier" while I walked behind the anti 7.62 employee.

lol!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionboyj View Post
    What difference does it make?
    If it was 20 or 250 a box it is all the same.
    There is no limitation on how much ammo you can buy or possess.

Unless you are asking because you want to know if it was a good deal, in which case I will just shut up already. LOL
    I think any store pretty much has the right to limit the quantity of a customer's purchase on any item they want. It happens all the time at grocery stores limiting the number of half gallons of ice cream you can buy when they have a good sale on it.

Dick's (and WallyWorld) are probably more concerned that you will buy out their entire stock of ammo and resell it at full retail. I've been at gun shows and seen guys selling bulk ammo in cans, with the Cabela's label on them.

(Tioga County)

I went to the Plymouth Meeting Dick's about 2 weeks ago. I asked for 3 boxes of 9MM, guy handed it to me and I walked to the check out myself. I OC there as often as I can too.
    MikeP

(Bucks County)

Bought a couple of boxes of 9 from the Dicks at franklin Mills. They placed it in the safety box but I walked it to the register myself. They did ask to see my ID, I'm guessing for age verification.

(Tioga County)

Default Dick's, Plymouth Meeting

I was there about an hour last night killing time while my wife was at the hair dresser.

I was OCing my Ruger P95 and it was quite obvious against my faded jeans and orange Flyers shirt. None of the staff said anything to me.

I BS'd at the firearms counter most of the time I was there. One guy was looking at a Rossi .410/.22 for his teenaged daughter. Another guy and his son were getting work done on a bow. The son was older and when he saw me OCing said he couldn't wait to turn 21 to get his permit. I promptly presented him with a gun rights flyer.

Anyway, the same guy (Jim) that handed me 3 boxes of ammo a few weeks ago was working last night too. This time I asked for 5 boxes of ammo (Remington 9mm FMJ is on sale). He got a case from the back, opened it, put 5 boxes on the shelf and handed me the case with the 5 remaining boxes. This time he asked for ID, but I barely had my wallet out of my pocket and he says "you're good". I walked up and paid for the ammo then put it in my Jeep and went back in to BS some more.

Moral of the story: Not all Dick's are created equal.
    MikeP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast