Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default NEW KAHR CM 9 Range Report/Pics

Well Guy's I finally got my CM9 last night. I ordered it from Bud's on 3/28 the first day they were available ! After cleaning and lubing and a few hundred hand rackings :P it was ready and I was able to get to range and give it it's first 200 rds of break-in ammo today.

Here is a summery;
    The first 2-3 magazines worth would not hold the slide open on the last shot...but after those first few mags it started to work and was 100% through the rest of the ammo. I used 100rds of Federal 115 FMJ from wally world feeding was 100%.
    After those I switched over to some very full power reloads, the first were 115gr FMJ. I ran about half of those with no problem...All the shooting so far was with the 6 rd mag...So I got a little cocky : and thought I will try the 7 rd extended mag it was working fine as far as feeding, but after about 3-4 rds I was getting pinched sorta bad and stopped using it... Next I tried my 8 rd mag with just a flat floor plate on it, I had a fail to feed on the 3rd round. SO I unloaded it and put both bigger mags in my range bag and will be ordering another 6 rd mag ...I finished up the FMJ reloads and moved on to some 115gr XTP reloads some of them where old and I am not sure of the exact loading I made them??? All worked fine except 1rd it hung on the feed ramp? Again I am going to dismiss that one failure because of the ammo. I then finished with 7 rds of Ranger T 147gr with 100% function...I need to get more factory HP's for my next range trip so I can settle on a carry load.

I did try to shoot from the hip and limp wrist it = no problems... Also around 150 rds in I tried to sling shot it to chamber the first round, Tried 3 or 4 times and it worked every time.

I put my CTC laser on the CM9 from my CW9 and it was very impressive as far as accuracy goes... This thing rocks! don't fret about not having the polygonal rifling as the gun is very capable of great accuracy. I dialed in the laser and just using it and resting my forearms on the bench I chewed out the center of the target @ 21' very impressive IMO...I was getting good groupings for off hand shooting as well and make no mistake this gun it far more accurate then ME!

I have a set of Traction grips here to install on her, I didn't have time to apply them yet, but I know they will be a great upgrade. And I have to find the perfect pocket holster??? So far I can say I am really liking this little gun ;D

I *shot a few pics for you if anyone wants to see or know something special just ask. Here she is ;D

A comparison to some of my other carry guns. From Top down...CW9-G26-CM9-LCP

And I snapped this of the target, 35rds using a rested hold and only looking at the laser dot. The few outside *the center ring where just making adjustments most of them are in about a 1.5" group!
    Last edited by Beardog; April 6th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: NEW KAHR CM 9 Range Report/Pics

Booya.

This is what I was looking for.

Gettin that fo sho.
    Last edited by rwb1500; April 6th, 2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Erie County)

Awesome! My CM9 is in at my FFL and I'll be picking it up tonight. Can't wait for my work day to end. Was the crimson trace easy to install? I've got one ready to install. I can't make a decision on a IWB holster though. Any suggestions? I like to carry strong side just behind my hip with some cant.

(Philadelphia County)

"must spread rep"

Thanks for posting!

Wow that kahr is beautiful, you just had to egg us on with the pics didnt ya?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by OPiNiCUS View Post
    Awesome! My CM9 is in at my FFL and I'll be picking it up tonight. Can't wait for my work day to end. Was the crimson trace easy to install? I've got one ready to install. I can't make a decision on a IWB holster though. Any suggestions? I like to carry strong side just behind my hip with some cant.
    That's great! Hope yours works as well as mine. Post how you make out with yours at the range if you can.
    If this is your first Kahr you should go to Kahrtalk and check out the new Kahr prep thread sticky in the TECH section... and read your manual there are things about Kahrs that need to be done certain ways for them to operate correctly...

The Crimson Trace is very easy to install, just install the right side first then kinda tilt the left side in so it fits correctly squeeze the 2 halves as you tighten the screws until good and snug. If you have to adjust the beam go no more then a 1/4 turn at a time.

IWB Holster, there are so many choices ...I have to say... A Crossbreed minituck... or Kholster. Both of them are Kydex /leather dual clip holsters...BUT, since it is a new model I don't want to say that they will fit perfectly if you order a PM9 holster??? Should be very close though...
    I also use and like very much a REMORA clipless IWB holster for the CW9.
    For my CM9 I am intending to pocket carry so thats the kind of holsters I have been looking at myself.

Good luck!

(Monroe County)

That is awesome! Great shooting, both you and the gun!...Thanks!

(Erie County)

For my CM9 I am intending to pocket carry so thats the kind of holsters I have been looking at myself.
    I figure that I'll do a fair share of pocket carry as well, so I purchased the Desantis Super Fly (for the PM9 with Crimson Trace). I received it the other night. Looks like the Remora is a similar item.

By the way, did you see the $50 mail in on the Crimson Trace? YEAH!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by OPiNiCUS View Post
    I figure that I'll do a fair share of pocket carry as well, so I purchased the Desantis Super Fly (for the PM9 with Crimson Trace). I received it the other night. Looks like the Remora is a similar item.

By the way, did you see the $50 mail in on the Crimson Trace? YEAH!
    If you can would you post up a pic with your gun in it and let me know how you like the Super Fly? I wonder how thick it will be with the back plate?
    I like to back pocket carry so I would be using the panel.
    I do have a Nemesis for my LCP that I have been using for about 2 yrs now when I front pocket carry.

I know about the $50, but I got my laser last fall for my CW9 so it won't qualify...but I am considering getting another one

(York County)

Thank's for all the compliments everyone! I am very pleased with this new gun.

I just installed the Traction grips on it and they are a great up grade for this little beast, as it is a bit hard to rack, and a better grip helps make that easier.

I think Kahr is going to sell a TON of these when normal people(not us gun nuts on line) actually find out they are making them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast