Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: OC/CC/NC ~ Cookout & Picnic ?

If any of you guys & gals still want to do this get-together, Ross Community Park is good to go. I've done the legwork, checking with the police and township manager and laying it out for them that honest citizens may be openly and legally carrying firearms at a picnic on the property. The response I got was a yawn and a request for an invite if the BBQ is good. These seem to be really good folks. I may not take the lead on the pavilion rental as I don't know if I can be there for the whole thing, but it's definitely okay to proceed if there's still interest.

P.S. I'm willing to chip in to cover a good portion of the rental cost.

Hey I just saw this! Count me in for sat August 13th. I will be OCing. I will also help support however needed, financially or otherwise. Feel free to hit me up for help with rental costs, etc.

Justin

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    If any of you guys & gals still want to do this get-together, Ross Community Park is good to go. I've done the legwork, checking with the police and township manager and laying it out for them that honest citizens may be openly and legally carrying firearms at a picnic on the property. The response I got was a yawn and a request for an invite if the BBQ is good. These seem to be really good folks. I may not take the lead on the pavilion rental as I don't know if I can be there for the whole thing, but it's definitely okay to proceed if there's still interest.

P.S. I'm willing to chip in to cover a good portion of the rental cost.
    Sorry I wasn't able to get back you your email or PM. Im in the process of moving today and yesterday.

But, Im still for Ross Township park.

Were you able to find out how much the pavilion rental would be?

Once we have the location secured, I will make a separate "check in" thread.

Also, if you choose to reserve the pavilion and pay up front. How would you like us to return your costs?
    At the picnic, or before hand?

Once again. thanks for doing the lerg work in tracking down the place and talking with the park authorities and local PD.
    More rep sent and I urge others to send rep your way!

We really wouldn't have been able to nail down a place so quickly without your help.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Also, if you choose to reserve the pavilion and pay up front. How would you like us to return your costs?
    The cost for a resident is $50 for three hours plus $15 for each additional hour or $75/$25 for a non-resident for any of the three pavilions. I would suggest either pavilion 3 which is near both the restrooms and playground or pavilion 2 which is closer to the rec center and still near the playground.

All that needs to happen to rent either is to stop at the community center, drop off a check and fill out the agreement so we just need to know a time and duration (12-4?). I'm willing to pay for the shelter up front or reimburse whoever does so don't sweat that.

It makes sense for a resident to rent it to save on cost so if there are any other Ross people who know they'll be there for the whole thing and are willing to sign the agreement, I'll write the check. Only reason is I might not be there for the whole thing. So if someone wants to fill out the paperwork, I'll buy!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post

It makes sense for a resident to rent it to save on cost so if there are any other Ross people who know they'll be there for the whole thing and are willing to sign the agreement, I'll write the check. Only reason is I might not be there for the whole thing. So if someone wants to fill out the paperwork, I'll buy!
    Im not a Ross township resident and Im going to be out of town for the next couple of weeks. So I dont think its possible for me fill pout the application and pay the fee.

Are you able to attend the beginning of the picnic at least?
    That way you could get the payment back and at least say hello.

Also, for those wanting to check in.
    Please visit this thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pittsburgh-re...ml#post1662564
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Are you able to attend the beginning of the picnic at least?
    Ok, I'll try to make that happen. Will stop in tomorrow to fill out the application; hopefully 8/13 isn't a popular day up there and there are openings...

(Allegheny County)

Hey all,

I told you we're pretty 2nd amendment friendly here. I will attempt to make the picnic but I'm suppose to be leaving this day to Ft Indiantown Gap for pre-deployment training. Yep, got the call up, again

jj86gn

(Allegheny County)

ive been away since june 27th just got back last week. is everything still on?
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by glock19girl View Post
    ive been away since june 27th just got back last week. is everything still on?
    here is the page to "RSVP" http://forum.pafoa.org/pittsburgh-re...bbq-check.html

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789