Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Question Question regarding Chiappa Rhino

I wanted to go down the revolver road for my second firearms purchase, I saw the Rhino from Chiappa and I was certainly excited to see the features and design. I was wondering if anyone here has one or if they have heard some promising things as I usually don't hear much about them.

Thanks!

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Question regarding Chiappa Rhino

i got to see and handle all the different versions at pittsburgh nra convention. they seem to be of good manufacture. the long barrel versions were nose heavy for me, the short barrel versions did not have that feeling. one thing i noticed was the grip angle is different from say a s&w or colt style revolver, it did not instinct point well for me. this idea has been around for a while and never really caught on, makes me think there might be a reason. i'd hold off on spending my money untill it's surived for awhile. keep in mind these are my first impressions and you might have a totally different experience. jmop i would at least shoot one before giving serious consideration on buying. happy shooting, red dog

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Question regarding Chiappa Rhino

If you have never spent much trigger time with a revolver I would not advise you to go for a Rhino. I think the design is cool, yet with the pun intended Chiappa reinvented the "wheel."

The Rhino is not cheap, and it appears that the secondary market for them is not so great (there has been one in the classifieds for a while). Do yourself a favor and buy a used Smith and Wesson (maybe a 686 or 66) for around 400 bucks and buy a case of 38 special. If you are not into it (the double action trigger takes time and exposure to become proficient with) you will not be out very much money if you decide to sell it.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!