Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig 1911?

(Blair County)

Default Sig 1911?

Anyone have any personal experience with these? Ive read alot of glowing reviews....just curious if anyone has any hands on exp......considering getting one of these instead of a new CC compact....I just cant find anything smaller then my p229 that really does it for me.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sig 1911?

I have a 5" GSR - the model designation before they changed to the "1911".

I've run somewhere in the area of 8000 flawless rounds from every manufacturer - including at least 2000 rounds of whatever frangible ammo Sig sells at the academy.

It is (obviously) vastly different than the mushy suck of the 229 DA/SA triggers.

With any 1911 style gun, lots and lots of training is key. Your grip will be different and you need to develop the muscle memory required to automatically disengage the thumb safety after the muzzle clears the holster as well as to keep your thumb riding on the safety while firing.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Blair County)

I probably wont carry it. Range gun mostly. I carried a .45 for 4 years in the Army, but that was 21 years ago.

(Allegheny County)

My hands were on the model with the shorter grip. It was not cut at a 45* angle on the back corner like some are to accomadate your hand, it was pointy and it sucked. The rest of it seemed ok, the trigger, sights etc.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post

I just cant find anything smaller then my p229 that really does it for me.

Have you looked at the Sig 239?

"One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Franklin County)

I have a Sig 1911. I like it...no problems in about 2000 rounds. I read about so many problems with new Colts, wanted to try something different. I did go to the Sig forum and review comments before buying...

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Have you looked at the Sig 239?

Yeah Ive looked at them....but it only seems like Im saving a little width....gun itslef is still about the same size as 229 and still heavy. I guess my main problem is having a little money burning a hole in my pocket. I cant seem to wait for something that really does it for me.

(York County)

Want a fantastic 1911 that doesn't have the the price tag of the Sig or any of it's bugs?

Try a Para-Ordinance PXT LTC in 9mm or .45. I just picked up a used one a week ago (9mm) and I have to say that it's simply fantastic. The LTC is the Commander sized 1911, with an alloy frame so it's light, but with tight tolerances, single stack, and 9+1 capacity. It has Novak sights, checkered mainspring housing, etc, etc.

You can find them new or used on gunbroker, etc in the high $700's.

Flat out better than the Sig in my opinion. Something about the Sig is just not right, and I've also heard they have ejection and plunger tube problems.

Regards,

TheDeltaForce

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    I probably wont carry it. Range gun mostly. I carried a .45 for 4 years in the Army, but that was 21 years ago.
    Sounds like me and you were in about the same time.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

I state only my opinions.

I am a great Sig Sauer fan, that being said. Buy anything except their 1911's. A few years ago I was torn between a Sig TTT (I believe) and my Operator.. I went with the Springfield.

I am a great fan of all the firearms they produce outside of the 1911 world. While I have had no direct problems with them, I keep a circle of friends inherently obsessed with the 1911 and almost every one of them suggested that sig made great guns, just not in that platform.

and my personal opinion is the Sig quality overall is decreasing the last few years, the P250 series and the p290 series were neither impressive (to me, dont be offended sigheads <3)
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast