Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Exclamation KelTec Customer Service does it again! 10/10 or 5 Stars!!

I have a P11 that the recoil slide/pin broke on it. The two springs are questionable as well. I called their tech support and they are shipping out all three parts and actually 2 sets of the parts for free!

They did the same thing when I lost the slide lock pin. One call and in 2 says the part had arrived for free!

I was really distraught after my P11 purchase when I heard a lot of bad about KelTec but so far I have not found anything bad about them! I have put over 1500 rounds through it and it works like a champ. Only 3 mis-fires, one dead primer and two limp-wrists.

This is a nice little gun!

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: KelTec Customer Service does it again! 10/10 or 5 Stars!!

Quote Originally Posted by tankman1989 View Post

I was really distraught after my P11 purchase when I heard a lot of bad about KelTec but so far I have not found anything bad about them!
    That is probably in large part because at only 1500 rounds, you shouldn't have parts wearing out/breaking. It's sad that you've had to contact customer service already. Many of us have put considerably more rounds through other guns and still couldn't tell you about the customer service department of the maker because we haven't had any reason to contact them.

That said, for the price paid a kel-tec is a decent gun. Certainly not the best quality out there, but not the worst, either. I've considered getting one myself, but have other things higher on the priority list right now.

(Elk County)

I have a P3AT and love it. It goes where I go. About 400 rounds through it and no problems. Just added a Crimson Trace since they have a $50 rebate promo till the end of June. I have a Glock 21 2nd Generation that I bought used and shoot in IDPA matches. I have put over 5K rounds through it and the only thing I have replaced is the springs twice and put the 3.5# trigger bar in it.

It's a great Customer Service if you are capable of just replacing the parts sent to you. How good is the service for someone that doesn't know much about pistol repair and doesn't want to do parts replacement themselves. You seemed to have diagnosed the problems yourself. Some folks I know couldn't tell you anymore than
    It's not working let alone the springs are questionable.

I have had very good luck with my sub 2000 and hope to never have to send it back for repair even If I know how to replace parts.

My problem with Kel Tec customer service was simply the fact that i had to use it so often.

(Bucks County)

I own 5 keltecs and had to send my S2K and P32 back one time each. No problems since. I carry a P11 or stick the P32 in a pocket. I bought a used P11 and the recoil spring was shot. A phone call and 2 days later a new recoil spring, hammer spring and firing pin spring arrived in the mail. Their customer service is great.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

As of right now Kel TEC isn't winning me over with their customer service.

I sent an email to the on 12/29/12 no response to date. Just sent the another via their contact form. Will wait on a response.

I also called them. Waited a good 20 minutes for someone to answer. In my mind that's excessive wait time. It's just a little past 10:10 after I got off the phone with them.

The guy said my primer strike were not bad. They are for the most part off center. And he said the excessive cratering isn't an issue until it punches through or pops the primer out.

I'm not totally happy with those responses.

No other pistol I've owned had these issues. I had a S.A. XDm9 & a BERSA Thunder 380.