Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Yet another Sheriff Weaknecht thread.

Sheriff Weaknecht will certainly be getting my vote, and IMO, he should get all of our votes. If you'd like to know why I feel this way, send Dan Billings an email asking about anything gun related. His email is dan@billingsforsheriff.

I recently sent this Billings tool an email asking a few questions, mainly for shits and giggles. I asked about the current LTCF process and whether he would maintain the current availability of the remote locations, whether he would sign ATF forms if presented, and his thoughts in general on gun ownership & open carry by Berks County residents. I have yet to get a reply, nor do I expect to get one.

Sheriff Weaknecht's office has immediately signed F4's for me over the past couple of years with no issues. The forms were signed and returned in a matter of 1-2 days. I've had the chance to email back and forth with Sheriff Weaknecht several times and he is always very willing to help in any way that he can.

This November please show Billings that he needs to find another line of work.

http://keepberkssafe.com/
    Last edited by MJH; June 5th, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Yet another Sheriff Weaknecht thread.

From my knowledge Sheriff Weaknecht is fairly good, although he didn't make the FOAC voter's guide for the primary (perhaps he didn't turn in the questionnaire?).

I'd like to hear more about his role on the PA Act 66 License to Carry Advisory Committee, as his position on that committee raises several very important questions.

(Bucks County)

and I ask again...

Will Sheriff Weaknecht be a "go to guy" for non-resident applicants?

Since all applicants are being forced to apply in person, folks from out of state need to know what sheriffs they can count on....and since all sheriffs should be accepting non-resident apps....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    and I ask again...

Will Sheriff Weaknecht be a "go to guy" for non-resident applicants?

Since all applicants are being forced to apply in person, folks from out of state need to know what sheriffs they can count on....and since all sheriffs should be accepting non-resident apps....
    We do process non resident applications however they can no longer be accepted thru the mail. If a non resident comes in they are processed in the same manner as a resident and in most cases will leave with their LTCF.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithxd View Post
    We do process non resident applications however they can no longer be accepted thru the mail. If a non resident comes in they are processed in the same manner as a resident and in most cases will leave with their LTCF.
    Is this a technical limitation of the Commonwealth Photo Imaging network not accepting scanned passport photos, or is this simply policy?

Could you, with a proper scanner, scan in a passport photo or is it a case of the technology simply not being advanced enough to process a scanned photo?

(Berks County)

I see on his campaign site that he's having a Meet & Greet fundraiser dinner at C.J. Hummel's in Lenhartsville on Tuesday, June 28th.

$25 per person
    $40 per couple

Anyone thinking of going? And do you think open carry would be allowed?