Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: New licenses on sale June 13

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    I bought my license on Saturday June 16th at Gander Mountain and they had the rules & regs booklets and plenty of pink envelopes.
    Ok thanks, I'll look elsewhere for the book then. My WM had the envelopes.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: New licenses on sale June 13

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post
    So if I were to mail my application to get there on Monday the 9th then I should be good to go, correct?
    I totally spaced last year and missed the 1st round entirely, want to make sure that doesn't happen this year.

Also, I downloaded a pdf copy of this years Digest. My local Walmart said that nobody had a paper copy, that they had not been distributed by the PGC yet. Can anyone add validity to that info or is it just BS from the counter person?
    I was told if it is postdated before the 9th they wont except it, it must be sent out the day of (9th) or after. Can anybody confirm of deny this for me?
    Kick them in the nuts ........ or vajajay...--Mitch10mm

(York County)

It may depend on the County Treasure's office you send to, but I never had a problem mailing mine the Thursday before they began accepting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo41 View Post
    I was told if it is postdated before the 9th they wont except it, it must be sent out the day of (9th) or after. Can anybody confirm of deny this for me?
    Just got off the phone with someone at the Susquehanna County Treasurer's office.

She said it varies by county for the most part. For Susquehanna, they have already mailed back doe license apps to people who have sent them in. They don't "count" until Monday July 9th. But, since they are not open on Saturday, license apps that get there Saturday aren't seen until Monday anyway and will be accepted. So, it's not the postmark per se.

She also mentioned some counties do have "dead mailboxes" that some license apps could get tossed into if they get there early. That would be as good as lost in some cases unless you call and ask if it landed in the "dead mailbox."

So, don't mail until a day or two ahead at the earliest. Mail gets around PA quick. And, call the County Treasurer of where you plan to hunt to be sure, because this is vague in the hunting / trapping regs probably for this exact reason.
    Last edited by CL3; June 27th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    Just got off the phone with someone at the Susquehanna County Treasurer's office.

She said it varies by county for the most part. For Susquehanna, they have already mailed back doe license apps to people who have sent them in. They don't "count" until Monday July 9th. But, since they are not open on Saturday, license apps that get there Saturday aren't seen until Monday anyway and will be accepted. So, it's not the postmark per se.

She also mentioned some counties do have "dead mailboxes" that some license apps could get tossed into if they get there early. That would be as good as lost in some cases unless you call and ask if it landed in the "dead mailbox."

So, don't mail until a day or two ahead at the earliest. Mail gets around PA quick. And, call the County Treasurer of where you plan to hunt to be sure, because this is vague in the hunting / trapping regs probably for this exact reason.
    I just got off the phone with the Bucks office also.
    Very helpful lady there. She said if it were mailed to arrive on the Monday then that's fine but if it were to arrive early ie- anything up to and including Friday 6th then they would return it in the mail.
    Last edited by Chip W; June 27th, 2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Typo

(Berks County)

I usually drop mine in the mail on Saturday evening, before the drawing date, never had any problems.

(Lackawanna County)

Sweet was gonna take a walk on Friday now I can pack a 22 with me. Crows look out

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post
    Yep, I have the app tag, just wanted to clarify the act of getting it in on time. My first year I was clueless about the doe tag requirements and last year I spaced out on time and was late and couldn't get a tag for upstate PA.
    Want to make sure I have my ducks in a row this year.
    Pardon my reading comprehension issues. I read paper digest and thought in my mind paper antlerless application. Duh
    The Lord Bless You

(Lancaster County)

They really need to simplify all this junk. Most states don't have anything near as complicated as this, usually just a single license for everything not all this nonsense with separate tags.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Monroe County)

When I got my new tag they told me the back tags no longer need to be displayed. I know they were thinking about it- so it was ok'ed?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast