Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: building an ak

(Chester County)

Default building an ak

anyone here do it allready? I just got a yugo kit, and after checking it out and cleaning off the cosmo, I figure I will need a little help. Maybe someone wants to host a build party? I wouldnt sweat having to "forget" a case of beer at their house if I walk away with my new toy done

(Luzerne County)

I've been thinking about it, but I wanted to do it from a flat. I think this is a rather easy project from what I hear. On one of the forums I visit, a few guys got together in PA and actually did it. I might be interested. Where did you get your parts kit? Does it include the barrel?

(Schuylkill County)

Built 2 already working on 3 and 4, let me know if I can help

(Mercer County)

How many U.S. parts do you need? Does anybody know of a source to find Chinese type 56 carbine kits with the bayonet attached to the barrel like on the SKS? chinese type56.jpg
    I think these look cool. I have seen pictures of this type of AK used all over the world but have never seen a kit for sale. I have seen the complete rifles for sale but I don't want to pay $900 for an AK.
    One should forgive ones enemies, but not before they are hanged. - Heinrich Heine

(Luzerne County)

i have done a few and have had build parties.

let me know if you need annything.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 73cj5
    i have done a few and have had build parties.

let me know if you need annything.

I may be taking you up on that offer! I usually get the building bug after hunting season.
    I don't have a catchy phrase to put here!

(Luzerne County)

you're close enough

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bric2000
    I may be taking you up on that offer! I usually get the building bug after hunting season.
    I know Im new here and don't know anybody, thats why I wanted to take this opportunity to auto-invite myself to any of these building parties you guys are having.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up AK building party ?

Hey guy builders, I got a few ak's of my own but never built any myself 'cause I don't know how, but I am very much interested to learn, so if you gentlemen have an idea where to hold a party like this....please let me know, I am willing to bring in food and pay a little money if needed just help me and teach me until it is done. I recide in Pittsburgh, Pa....anybody of you closed by to start the party ? let me know....do you have an ak kit, complete for sale too to build? let me know also.
    e-mail me at....deepchargeak472000@yahoo.com
    thanks guys.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bric2000
    On one of the forums I visit, a few guys got together in PA and actually did it.
    maybe that was the mason dixon FAL gang. we have builds from time to time. i have built about 40 AK with various guys and for myself. my first flat build was in january 2003 (?), and was the first publicly posted flat build i know of. the jigs available comercially are based on my forming design. just got bored one day and decided we should do it.

still have the original "gold plated pimp gun". remember hanging it on a wallboard at the harrisburg show. was walking the show and heard a guy telling a customer that flats just couldn't be bent, no way, no how. i pointed to the pimp gun and sent the customer to have a look. dealer, with overpriced ohio ord receivers, was rather pissed.
    Last edited by danp; July 7th, 2006 at 11:46 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast