Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default OC all over Scranton/Dickson City area today.

So here's how my day went. I went to the steamtown mall first and for obvious reasons I cced by putting a hoody over my Serpa on my hip. Nobody noticed even though it was obviously printing. Then went to Dunmore to go to Friendlys. I oced there too and im pretty sure some people noticed especially one of the employees I walked right past but nothing was mentioned. Then after I ate I went over to Lowes and OCed. I have a few looks but other than that nothing at all. Then I went up to Gander Mountain. As soon as I get up there I was surprised to see a sign that said it was OK to carry in there store. As soon as I saw that sign I had a big grin on my face and OCed in there. I fondled a Rock Island Armory 1911 that I wanna get. I even heard one of the employees behind the counter ask one of the customers if he had a License to carry. I was surprised that he said it right. So anyways after that I cced to the viewmont mall and nobody noticed. Then went to Target and KFC and OCed. Im pretty sure people noticed but again not a word.

Overall I was very happy with the way my day turned out. Not one encounter at all. Im glad people that do notice don't really care and thats the way it should be. Overall my nonencounters outweigh my encounters and thats the way I like it.

(York County)

Default Re: OC all over Scranton/Dickson City area today.

Glad to hear it. The Mrs and I started out day around 07:30 with a 2-mile brisk walk through our neighborhood, then a trip to Home Depot and Lowes, then WalMart, Turkey Hill, and finally the little shop where we bought our Cub Cadet for inner tubes.

Finished off with a trip to a Chinese Buffet for lunch. Uneventful as usual. I'm glad to see more and more folks relating their experiences that are positive or uneventful. I think it's a good reminder.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    So here's how my day went. I went to the steamtown mall first and for obvious reasons I cced by putting a hoody over my Serpa on my hip. Nobody noticed even though it was obviously printing. Then went to Dunmore to go to Friendlys. I oced there too and im pretty sure some people noticed especially one of the employees I walked right past but nothing was mentioned. Then after I ate I went over to Lowes and OCed. I have a few looks but other than that nothing at all. Then I went up to Gander Mountain. As soon as I get up there I was surprised to see a sign that said it was OK to carry in there store. As soon as I saw that sign I had a big grin on my face and OCed in there. I fondled a Rock Island Armory 1911 that I wanna get. I even heard one of the employees behind the counter ask one of the customers if he had a License to carry. I was surprised that he said it right. So anyways after that I cced to the viewmont mall and nobody noticed. Then went to Target and KFC and OCed. Im pretty sure people noticed but again not a word.

Overall I was very happy with the way my day turned out. Not one encounter at all. Im glad people that do notice don't really care and thats the way it should be. Overall my nonencounters outweigh my encounters and thats the way I like it.
    Out of all of them, Friendly's is the one that surprises me. I've heard from a certain someone that they're not too keen on people carrying in there. As for the rest, no big surprise. After the huge deal at the OCB, most places in DC know about open carry, and a certain someone was always carrying in most of those places too.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Out of all of them, Friendly's is the one that surprises me. I've heard from a certain someone that they're not too keen on people carrying in there. As for the rest, no big surprise. After the huge deal at the OCB, most places in DC know about open carry, and a certain someone was always carrying in most of those places too.
    It's funny. As much as I hear about people OCing in DC and as much time as we spend up there, I have yet to run across anyone OCing there. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever come across anyone OCing outside of a gun show (Dalton's picnics not included.)
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lackawanna County)

Let's see: South Side Lanes for a kid's birthday party; I cc'ed there, and so did two other dads. Tucked in the shirt when that was over; up to Lowe's, Sam's Club, grabbed some pizza, Wally World, Target, Schiff's, and finally BK in Dunmore for a quick dessert.

We OC in Friendly's all the time, but we've known a lot the managers and waitresses for years. Our regular actually noticed when I swapped my ancient 1911 for the Springfield; she liked the brown leather Bianchi that I carried that gun in, she thinks the XD in the CQB Serpa looks too industrial.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."