Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default New (to me) Kahr K9

I picked up a used Kahr K9 a couple of weeks ago and after a trip back to the factory for the elite trigger upgrade, was finally able to get it to the range.

It ran 150 rounds of ball and 115gr jhp flawlessy. The only hangup I had was using 147 gr HST jhp, which kept hanging up between the slide stop and trigger bar. I read somewhere that Kahr eventually started manufacturing the K9 with more room in the chamber to correct this problem....anybody know anything about this?

Easily the softest shooting 9mm I've ever owned (better than the EMP9 I used to have). Probably because it's damned heavy for a pistol of it's size.

It was made in May of '96, one of the first few runs the company had, which I guess makes it a vintage Kahr? hehe
    The finish is in pretty bad shape (not clear from the picture). I'm not sure why, but I have a thing for pistols that look and feel like they've been around the block a few times.

Also, this morning a new 5lb reduced-power striker spring arrived from Wolff. After about 1 min of work, the trigger pull dropped by what feels like a a couple of pounds.
    It's incredibly light, smooth and crisp. I'm generally not the biggest fan of DAO triggers, but this is absolutely unreal.

To sum it all up; she's a smooth and sleek lil' beast of a pistol... I'm stoked!

(please excuse the poor quality photo, the Droid camera sucks)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jtk215; June 4th, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: New (to me) Kahr K9

Nice. Very nice. I want one myself. If you're looking for a quality holster on the cheap check out the High Noon Bare Asset. Have one for my K40 Covert and it's perfect.

They also make a model that has a straight drop if you don't like 15 degree cant. All for the price of 3 boxes of 9mm.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Mercer County)

I almost bought my GF a K9, but she felt it was a little too large for her purse. I ended up buying her an MK9 which she loves, and carries every day. Kahr makes a fantastic firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Nice. Very nice. I want one myself. If you're looking for a quality holster on the cheap check out the High Noon Bare Asset. Have one for my K40 Covert and it's perfect.

They also make a model that has a straight drop if you don't like 15 degree cant. All for the price of 3 boxes of 9mm.
    I've really been admiring your K40 Covert since first seeing it in the classifieds. It looks like an outstanding carry pistol. How's the recoil with the shortened grip? I have no experience with .40 cal Kahrs, but was considering a used K40 I ran across when searching for my K9.

(Cumberland County)

It's not mild, that's for sure. It makes extended shooting sessions with a Glock 27 seem like fun.

Works great though. I can't complain. If I had the same gun in 9mm my life would be complete.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lehigh County)

I love the Kahr K9 and K40's.

There are slightly heavy for a EDC pistol, but I used to carry full size 1911 for EDC and had no problem with that.

I would love to get one, but gotta see if I can sell my M&P 45c or maybe even trade it off for one of those K series pistols.

AG

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    . If I had the same gun in 9mm my life would be complete.
    If Kahr offered a K45 and flush mags for ALL of their pistols my life would be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by xx AG xx View Post
    I love the Kahr K9 and K40's.

There are slightly heavy for a EDC pistol, but I used to carry full size 1911 for EDC and had no problem with that.

I would love to get one, but gotta see if I can sell my M&P 45c or maybe even trade it off for one of those K series pistols.
    I was carrying various 1911's before acquiring the K9. I traded an RIA 1911 officers towards it. I think that one was something like 2.5lbs loaded.....this is a featherweight in comparison.