Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anti 2A Businesses

Maybe I went too fast but I didn't see Pepsi on there. I read somewhere before that they supported anti-2A groups. Man is the waitor confused when you order a coke and he asks "Is Pepsi O.K.?" and you say "No, I'll just have water w/ lemon."
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Westmoreland County)

Not sure if this counts...

Carnegie Mellon University is heavily anti-gun.

http://www.cmu.edu/policies/document...lyWeapons.html

That is their policy against deadly weapons. Never mind that their students are robbed on their way to and from school regularly. Even raped. Never mind that they have staff at "off-campus" locations. Personally, I travel through the ghettos everyday to get to an "off-campus" location and am not permitted to carry because of their policy.

All parents should know that their children are subject to robbery, rape and murder because CMU won't permit students to carry en route to the school. Squirrel Hilll, Shadyside and Oakland all have very high rates of armed robbery. Personally, I live in these areas and receive alerts from the schools regularly.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Berks County)

I missed his name on the list, but Sylvester Stallone is anti-gun, yet has a concealed carry permit. Damn hypocrite.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    I missed his name on the list, but Sylvester Stallone is anti-gun, yet has a concealed carry permit. Damn hypocrite.
    Don't forget that it is O.K. for him to have a gun cause he is smarter and more responsible than you. YOU ARE A HAZARD WITH A GUN.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    And don't forget our diastema-toothed hero, Ahnoold.

Another example of a Hollywood icon making millions off action films, then criticizing gun ownership and legitimate use. True Lies, indeed.

Last edited by PA Rifleman; January 1st, 2008 at 03:54 AM.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    Not sure if this counts...

Carnegie Mellon University is heavily anti-gun.

http://www.cmu.edu/policies/document...lyWeapons.html

That is their policy against deadly weapons. Never mind that their students are robbed on their way to and from school regularly. Even raped. Never mind that they have staff at "off-campus" locations. Personally, I travel through the ghettos everyday to get to an "off-campus" location and am not permitted to carry because of their policy.

All parents should know that their children are subject to robbery, rape and murder because CMU won't permit students to carry en route to the school. Squirrel Hilll, Shadyside and Oakland all have very high rates of armed robbery. Personally, I live in these areas and receive alerts from the schools regularly.
    Exceptions

This policy does not apply to:

* Commissioned Carnegie Mellon police officers
    * Other duly-appointed law enforcement officers
    * Members of the United States armed forces when on duty
    * Any trained security personnel when approved in advance by the Chief of Police or his designee.

i love when the rules are for civilians only....

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Exceptions

This policy does not apply to:

* Commissioned Carnegie Mellon police officers
    * Other duly-appointed law enforcement officers
    * Members of the United States armed forces when on duty
    * Any trained security personnel when approved in advance by the Chief of Police or his designee.

i love when the rules are for civilians only....
    Yeah, how does it feel to be expendable?

(Beaver County)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PA Rifleman
    A few additions from our own ranks:
    Sturm Ruger & Co (web site) for their support of the 1994 AW ban, and providing the support - if not outright inspiration - for the high capacity magazine ban in the 1994 AW legislation. [size=1].

wow, I had no idea.

Bill Ruger pushed for a 15 round magazine limit, which coincided with the P 85 magazine capacity (how convienent). Try to get a 20 round Mini 14 magazine from Ruger. Non LEOs are not to be trusted. I was a big Rugr fan until this. I'll never buy another, unless they change their policy
    I vote the second first

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    Don't forget that it is O.K. for him to have a gun cause he is smarter and more responsible than you. YOU ARE A HAZARD WITH A GUN.

Well, he is Rambo afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by mardo View Post
    Bill Ruger pushed for a 15 round magazine limit, which coincided with the P 85 magazine capacity (how convienent).
    And in the final draft, it was dropped down to ten rounds. Bet he didn't see that coming. Feed the alligators, expect to get bitten.

Apparently he was trying to squeeze Glock out of the US market and protect his foothold on the auto pistol market. As I recall his precious Mini 14 would be exempt in exchange for his continued support of the bill. At the time, Bill Sr & Neal Knox* had a lot of words over this, Neal warned him about the repercussions of selling out even part way. In the end, Neal was right but somehow Ruger survived the backlash. Interesting considering Ruger Sr. cut his teeth designing machine guns.

They took a lot of flak about this (including a few airbursts via telephone from your humble poster, here) about this. As you can imagine, Bill Sr wasn't taking any calls about this. His receptionists were four degrees past frantic and into hostile defense mode by the time I got through. Takes a real man to hide behind secretaries after his treachery was exposed.

As far as I know, they never fessed up and repented even after Bill Jr took over. This is the closest I've seen to a response: >link<

Speaking of cleaning house, there's never-reneged Smith & Wesson/Housing and Urban Development "settlement"...>more - full text of agreement - S&W's report to the SEC & shareholders<

* Neal Knox (1935-2005), the major gun rights voice in the 70s thru the 90s & now maintained by his son Chris - website
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast