Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Last chance to talk me out of a Ruger sr9c...

So a few weeks back I posted I was considering a sr9c, xd9sc, and sorta considering a .357 lcr.....Today I had an extra 15 minutes on my lunch hour so I stopped in the LGS....They actually had both the semi in stock. The xd9sc had the green frame and black slide I wanted, the Ruger is black frame silver slide. Anyhow the Ruger just feels so much better in my hands....It seemed slightly lighter, although the part of the slide that "hangs over in the back makes it slightly larger. I told them to hold it for me till tommorrow since I didnt have any cash or my cards with me.
    Im getting this to replace a stainless p229 that has become to heavy to carry for the most part, esp in summer clothes. The cost is 409.00
    Anyone have a reason I shouldnt buy it?

(Blair County)

Default Re: Last chance to talk me out of a Ruger sr9c...

Also any holster suggestions? Obviously the supertucks are nice but seem to be kinda a pain in the ass to put on to run out to the store. I prefer to CC and not print. I like clips not leather loops.

(Cambria County)

Cool Re: Last chance to talk me out of a Ruger sr9c...

I like mine!

$409 sounds decent too. I paid $449 and thought I did OK. (last year).

Mine is all black, (cause I already have several with stainless slide). The SR9C with the stainless top (slide) looks nice though.

10 round and 17 round mags. (nice feature) You can use the 17 rd mag without the plastic handle insert (magazine sleeve) if you want to practice fast tactical or speed reloads too.

No complaints here. Just clean it REAL good before you shoot it!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Also any holster suggestions? Obviously the supertucks are nice but seem to be kinda a pain in the ass to put on to run out to the store. I prefer to CC and not print. I like clips not leather loops.
    LOL, I use the Crossbreed, Supertuck (full cut, black). It is awesome. Comfortable and hides great with the SR9C.

BUT, as you say, it IS a "slow-to-install" holster for sure. Ya got to put the pants on first, insert belt through loops....then BEFORE you snap the button or pull up your zipper, put the holster on. (with belt loose).
    After you get the clips over the belt you can close up shop and go.

I wear mine at about the 4 o clock position. (right rear of hip)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Philadelphia County)

Just go with your gut. I have an SR9c and really like it, my only gripe is the grip sometimes eludes me when practicing drawing from concealment. But it serves every function basically. CC, HD, range gun.

I have a Comp-Tac MTAC for mine. Bit pricey, but the turn around time is great. I think it was less than 10 days from placing the order to my doorstep.

You're the one who's going to be carrying it, you have to be the one comfortable with it.

The reason I was turned off from an XD was it's blockiness and the slimness of the SR9c is only beat by Kahr and a few others.

(Franklin County)

While my current CCW is a Kahr CW9 ... I considered the SR9c, and it made my short list.

Just get the SR9c (the price sounds fair) and a Remora holster, and you'll be good to go !

(Montgomery County)

I paid $399 for mine at Tanner's, and like it. When compared to the other small 9s, IMO, it's got the trigger I like most, I can be accurate with it, the recoil isn't painful, and it's overall size is just right. I also carry mine in a SuperTuck, and find it all but completely unnoticeable.

Go for it. Ruger's got a winner with the SR9c. Oh, and as I'm sure you noticed, they include a second larger magazine, which makes it pretty much a standard "mid-sized" gun.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

Probably not the best place to get someone to talk you out of purchasing a new gun. hehe

I'm not going to try and talk you out of it, I echo everyone else's positive sentiments regarding the SR9c.
    Enjoy it.

(Elk County)

I've not bit on a Ruger SR9 because I didn't care for the trigger pulls on the examples I handled. Other than that, I think it's a great, low-cost alternative to a Kahr . . . speaking of sucky trigger pulls . . . and expensive Kahr mags.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast