Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Smile Another education opportunity.

What's going on. For the second time in about a week I got another confrontation while open carry at the club that I am the President of. I have been OC all over the eastern part of PA, especially the LV for over three years now and out of four confrontations, three have been at this club, where to the say the least I am well known. I'm there at least three days a week to oversee trap and skeet. This time a member from NJ who has seen me OC numerous times unless it just never registered in his brain that I was OC, stepped right in front of me and said, "are you a cop"? I answered, "no". Then he said, "why do you carry a gun"? With a somber face I answer, "because I want to". He then said, "you can do that in PA"? I said, "yes". He turned around and went and sat down at a picnic table all by himself. So I went to my truck and got a flier, gave it to him and pointed out this web site. He thanked me and a little while later he came and told he thinks he should move here.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Default Re: Another education opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    He then said, "you can do that in PA"? I said, "yes". He turned around and went and sat down at a picnic table all by himself.
    LOL poor guy had to sit down and rethink his life!

You PA folks sure have it good.

Poor guy is from New Jersey and you just exposed him to freedom. And now that he sat down by himself and realized what that state has done to him he will be one of the statistics in the "You Bunch of Drunks" Thread

(Allegheny County)

i wouldnt call that a confrontation.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    i wouldnt call that a confrontation.
    The following is pasted from the Merriam Webster on line dictionary.

Definition of CONFRONTATION
    : the act of confronting : the state of being confronted: as a : a face-to-face meeting b : the clashing of forces or ideas : conflict

I would say that (a )fits perfectly with what happened. He stepped right in front of me and looked me square in the eye before he spoke. He was sure that if I wasn't a cop, and I do not look anything like your stereotyped cop, then I must be breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeKnight View Post
    Poor guy is from New Jersey and you just exposed him to freedom. And now that he sat down by himself and realized what that state has done to him he will be one of the statistics in the "You Bunch of Drunks" Thread
    LOL, tell me about it.

I'm dating a girl from NJ who just got into shooting. You should have seen the look in her eyes when i told her that in Pa we don't need the State's permission to own a gun like they do in NJ, and that we can OC or get permits here easily.

She started looking for places in Pa to live, so i just moved her in with me.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    LOL, tell me about it.

I'm dating a girl from NJ who just got into shooting. You should have seen the look in her eyes when i told her that in Pa we don't need the State's permission to own a gun like they do in NJ, and that we can OC or get permits here easily.

PA in not best or the worst for a divorce but if you think moving her in with you will not cost you anything if you decide to ask her to leave, think again. If you decide to remove her and she is versed in PA domestic law (and she will get all the free help she needs from Women in Distress) you will find out that moving out is not nearly as painless as moving in. It cost me $10,500 to get rid of a woman that lived in my house for ten months and that was eight years ago. Never again.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    The following is pasted from the Merriam Webster on line dictionary.

Definition of CONFRONTATION
    : the act of confronting : the state of being confronted: as a : a face-to-face meeting b : the clashing of forces or ideas : conflict

I would say that (a )fits perfectly with what happened. He stepped right in front of me and looked me square in the eye before he spoke. He was sure that if I wasn't a cop, and I do not look anything like your stereotyped cop, then I must be breaking the law.
    confront (ken-frùnt´) verb
    confronted, confronting, confronts verb, transitive
    1. To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility

was there defiance or hostility? it sounds like he asked a question and then said "okay." i wasnt there but that doesnt sound hostile.

call it whatever you want. this is the 21st century.

(Venango County)

LOL, tell me about it.

You sly dog, you!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

LOL, tell me about it.

Feel free to post pics of the woman. I seen your taste in women and must say ME LIKES!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast