Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Taurus Judge Public Defender POLY

Anyone have one or know about them? I am thinking of getting a public defender in the polymer, but still a tad bit skepitcal about putting plastic between my hands and a 410 shotgun shell. I am guessing its steel frame coated in polymer similar to the Rem 887 shotgun? cant be all polymer or there would be more than a 2 oz difference....right? Anybody have one or shoot one? do they feel solid? What about holsters, do i need a special holster since its wider?

Thanks for the input.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Taurus Judge Public Defender POLY

Quote Originally Posted by keystone killer View Post
    Anyone have one or know about them? I am thinking of getting a public defender in the polymer, but still a tad bit skepitcal about putting plastic between my hands and a 410 shotgun shell. I am guessing its steel frame coated in polymer similar to the Rem 887 shotgun? cant be all polymer or there would be more than a 2 oz difference....right? Anybody have one or shoot one? do they feel solid? What about holsters, do i need a special holster since its wider?

Thanks for the input.
    Why worry? The .410 shell work at pretty much the same pressure level as the standard 45Colt.

You'd have more to worry about a polymer .38spl, .38spl+P, and .357mag which all work at higher pressures and there are poly guns for them that dont have issues. Besides, the cylinder and barrel are still steel. And there appears to be a steel subframe.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Before you buy a taurus Judge you might want to check out the website Box of Truth. I was surprised to learn how little of penetration power the .410 has out of a judge. I must admit, I like its design though.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeKnight View Post
    Before you buy a taurus Judge you might want to check out the website Box of Truth. I was surprised to learn how little of penetration power the .410 has out of a judge. I must admit, I like its design though.
    It makes a great mouse and rat exterminator if you wear dark sunglasses when you shoot the thing, and it is a fun range gun, but if you want something for home defense, there are many choices that are better and price wise, in the same ball park, or cheaper. A .410 at close range will kill someone with the right placement of the shot, but if it is a chest shot and the person is wearing heavy clothing, you may end up pissing them off and getting beat to smitherings with your own handgun. If you want to punish the dude that breaks into your house and you want to use a revolver to do it, introduce him to a .357, .41, or .44 magnum. JMHO

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    It makes a great mouse and rat exterminator if you wear dark sunglasses when you shoot the thing, and it is a fun range gun, but if you want something for home defense, there are many choices that are better and price wise, in the same ball park, or cheaper. A .410 at close range will kill someone with the right placement of the shot, but if it is a chest shot and the person is wearing heavy clothing, you may end up pissing them off and getting beat to smitherings with your own handgun. If you want to punish the dude that breaks into your house and you want to use a revolver to do it, introduce him to a .357, .41, or .44 magnum. JMHO
    I agree that there is better choices out there but I disagree with the box of truth video. I shot mine at my range at 7 feet with Federal buck shot at a target that was stapled to a solid door about 2" thick for a back stop and the buck shot blew right through the solid door. I shot 5 times and it made one massive large hole. I would not want to be that door. Keep in mind that the Judge is a close range self defence weapon. That is what it is designed for. Just my observartion!

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie 56 View Post
    I agree that there is better choices out there but I disagree with the box of truth video. I shot mine at my range at 7 feet with Federal buck shot at a target that was stapled to a solid door about 2" thick for a back stop and the buck shot blew right through the solid door. I shot 5 times and it made one massive large hole. I would not want to be that door. Keep in mind that the Judge is a close range self defence weapon. That is what it is designed for. Just my observartion!
    No doubt, but heavy fabric is a different animal than wood is.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    No doubt, but heavy fabric is a different animal than wood is.
    You are right about that. That's why a carry a Kimber 1911. My Judge is a novelity gun for me. I really did not think that the 410 buck shot would go through the doors. I did notice that the 45 Colt round is not very accurate due the shollow rifiling in the bore. As for me and my house, I will keep using my 1911 cambered in the good ole 45 ACP.

Thanks and keep safe.

The one thing I wonder though is the "shock" value it could have. I would venture that if someone is drug crazed or drunk you might have a problem. But if you fire off a couple of shots and the uncivilized thug looks down and sees that his chest and abdomen looks like hamburger I wonder how fast he would be going into shock? It would make a good castration device and think of all the little bastard criminals you could stop from being bred.
    I am not sure if I would want to use one as a snake gun though. It seems hardly worth the effort to kill a snake at the expense of one's fine hearing. But then again, I love snakes, play with snakes. I have a pet snake and most poisonous snakes can be pushed aside with a large stick. Now my mom, she would empty the damn gun at a garter snake, then throw the gun at it and for good measure reach for a grenade.

(Erie County)

if your still looking i just posted a Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly ,410 GA or 45 Colt Long .... New Never Shot Won At Gun Raffle .... Also With New Bigger And Better Lyman™ Pachmayr Diamond Pro Grips ... With A Box Of Both Ammos ,410 GA And 45 Colt Long And With Belt Clip Holster ..... Call Art At 814-450-9815 ... $400.00 BRING CASH ONLY ! .... NO SHIPPING ! .... I Also Have A Place In Town To Do Private Transfers For $20.00 Compared To $35.00 And Up ...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by art perry View Post
    if your still looking i just posted a Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly ,410 GA or 45 Colt Long .... New Never Shot Won At Gun Raffle .... Also With New Bigger And Better Lyman™ Pachmayr Diamond Pro Grips ... With A Box Of Both Ammos ,410 GA And 45 Colt Long And With Belt Clip Holster ..... Call Art At 814-450-9815 ... $400.00 BRING CASH ONLY ! .... NO SHIPPING ! .... I Also Have A Place In Town To Do Private Transfers For $20.00 Compared To $35.00 And Up ...
    Do you think that after 8 years he's still looking?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast