Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default single/double hook AK trigger

whats the difference short of the obvious? My ak has a single hook, and im replacing it. Do I want the single like what is in it, or ........what? I just dont know what the differences are, maybe someone here knows, or maybe it dont matter and they are all the same functionally.

Default Re: single/double hook AK trigger

if your gun was built with a single hook, it most likely does not have the slot cut in the receiver for the double hook trigger to fit. it would require you to either modify the receiver or the trigger in order to use the double hook style.

(Washington County)

Where you will know the difference is if it has trigger slap. But not between the double / single. If it has one of the commie triggers, it will probably slap.

If it does, get a Tapco drop in, its a nice cheap upgrade.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Where you will know the difference is if it has trigger slap. But not between the double / single. If it has one of the commie triggers, it will probably slap.

If it does, get a Tapco drop in, its a nice cheap upgrade.
    Depends on the commie double-hook. Many folks swear by the original CHICOM double-hooks...

But I am not alone in experiencing slap with an original PolyTech double-hook - as opposed to the TAPCO G2 single-hooks you find on 922'd AKs.

'course its been awhile and may have been the zero temps I last fired it in.

Good excuse to get out and confirm that it was either trigger-bite - or frost-bite!

IIRC; the Cent Yugos were "cut" for a double-hook, been awhile since I had it out as well.

(Butler County)

so, is there any real reason for me to bother looking into this any further? I dont feel any trigger slap with the trigger I have, but when I looked into trigger groups, I see 2 options.

Now, I assume "trigger slap" is what you would call the trigger, upon reset to battery, slapping your finger. Is that right? Cuz i dont feel anything

I am stupid to these terms, but am open to enlightenment

I am doing the retarded 922 compliance crap to my gun.......cuz I guess we have to or some stupid shit can happen if we mess with them in any little way

and its a stamped hungarian receiver. I didnt see any reason why a double hook wouldnt fit, but Im no expert on these. Visually it looks like anything would fit. Thanks for all the feedback
    Last edited by MicroMonkey; May 31st, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Let's rewind a tad; just exactly what kind of AK do you have with a single-hook trigger?

I'm betting its not Chinese as AFAIK, all pre-ban or ban-configured thumb-holed CHICOM AKs have double-hooks.

If yours is a single-hook trigger, it very likely may already be a 922-compliant trigger. Does it say TAPCO on the side of the trigger?

Even if it doesn't, before Century had their parts-pounders switch to TAPCO G2 sets on their WASR 922 conversions, Century was using a single-hook of their own doing. They 'effed it up bad and had a lot of claims for slapping WASRs and SARs. I doubt you can even buy a fresh WASR without a TAPCO already installed.

(Monroe County)

OP, trigger slap has nothing to do with it being a double hook or single hook trigger, if it has trigger slap it means the trigger hammer gruop were not properly made and fitted, now , all Chinese Guns were fitted with excellent double hook triggers, mine has no slap whatsoever and feels very clean and light. My Yugo is a single hook and feels very inferior to my Chicom trigger on My Chicom gun.

Try both a double hook and singlehook and see which one you like, for me it dousnt bother me which one as the AK is not a precision target gun.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMonkey View Post
    so, is there any real reason for me to bother looking into this any further? I dont feel any trigger slap with the trigger I have, but when I looked into trigger groups, I see 2 options.

Now, I assume "trigger slap" is what you would call the trigger, upon reset to battery, slapping your finger. Is that right? Cuz i dont feel anything

I am stupid to these terms, but am open to enlightenment

I am doing the retarded 922 compliance crap to my gun.......cuz I guess we have to or some stupid shit can happen if we mess with them in any little way

and its a stamped hungarian receiver. I didnt see any reason why a double hook wouldnt fit, but Im no expert on these. Visually it looks like anything would fit. Thanks for all the feedback
    Look at the trigger hole on the bottom of your receiver. If its a square with one leg, only a single hook will fit. If its a square with 2 legs, a double hook might fit.

Here is a picture showing examples of both:
    http://www.tapco.com/HTML/Extra/g2dif.jpg

(Butler County)

well, that appears to settle the debate. Its a single hook only reciever. Its square with one leg. Thanks jaybeez. The gun is a hungarian sa-85m. I dont know if the parts in it are compliant already or not since nothing is marked. But since I want to make it all nice and pretty, I have to change other parts for no reason also. Stupid really.

(Allegheny County)