Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Canik (CZ knock-off)

Alloy frame so they'll be a bit lighter than the 75. Although I like the steel frame on my 75BD personally.
    Johnnie F.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    Tanners was selling the Tangfolio's for 299.00 brand new
    Woah... I looked at those to entertain my inner cheap ass. For $299 it's kinda hard to lose. I haven't heard a lot of bad about them either. Although I don't hear that much about them either way. $299 and I'm pretty interested.

(Monroe County)

THe Beretta Guns being made in Turkey are made under license from Beretta and on Beretta equipment , does anyone know if these CZ copies enjoy the same from CZ? If it is then its a good deal . (assuming that CZ post a QC inspector there )

cheers, Mike.

(Bucks County)

Standard Accessories:
    • Lockable hard molded case
    ASTM F 2369/California AB106 DOJ-approved safety device• Cleaning rod and brush

Not Available in California, Massachusetts or where prohibited by law.Canik-USA is not affiliated in any way with and is not an authorized dealer of Ceska Zbrojovka Uhersky Brod.

LOL

https://www.canik-usa.com/product_in...products_id=20

Noble and regal, focused watchful Piercing eyes, he is my shepherd and my best friend.

(Perry County)

[QUOTE=knight0334;1613888]

BTW, the CZ-75 is a knock-off of and modeled after the Browning HiPower. lol

I suppose that in the light heartd way that you meant your post, "knock-off and modeled after" the Browning Hi-power is close enough. However, in the tight ass, more exact world I live in; it ain't even close. The CZ is a clean sheet of paper design. Slide in the frame is not a copy of the hi power. Trigger mechanism, not a copy. Double - single action first shot not a copy.

Admittedly, they are both made of steel & are both chambered in 9MM (which I admit is a knock of the Luger) otherwise, give the Czechs their due; they designed an excellent innovative pistol.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post

I suppose that in the light heartd way that you meant your post, "knock-off and modeled after" the Browning Hi-power is close enough. However, in the tight ass, more exact world I live in; it ain't even close. The CZ is a clean sheet of paper design. Slide in the frame is not a copy of the hi power. Trigger mechanism, not a copy. Double - single action first shot not a copy.

Admittedly, they are both made of steel & are both chambered in 9MM (which I admit is a knock of the Luger) otherwise, give the Czechs their due; they designed an excellent innovative pistol.

Sure, they aren't exact replicas - but the modeling for the VZ design came from the HiPower. The overall shape, the short recoil cam(absolutely a HiPower origin), safety placement and engagement.

I'm not knocking the CZ, quite honestly - I love them. ...just poking fun at the "knock-off" statement because the CZ design isn't truly the original format.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12