Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sig P229 enhanced elite

I currently own a Sig P6, a P228, a P229 in 9mm and one in 40, and also a p238. Obviously I like Sig's. They fit my hand fairly well but not as well as my H&K's compact USP and P30. So as I was searching through the Sig web site I found the P229 enhanced elite with the new ergonomics grip that look a lot like the H&K grip. I cannot seem to find one locally to fondle with. Has anyone seen one in person? I am really interested in buying one or even the E2 that has the same grip. I think it would be my ultimate carry gun. Anyone owns one and want to share the experience? Thanks
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig P229 enhanced elite

You want the opinion of another person as to how a pistol could possibly feel in your hand? This has to be a joke, right.

I would understand if you asked "Hey, where in the Delaware Valley area can I find a Sig Enhanced P229?" Touch it for yourself and judge for yourself.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lancaster County)

I've been looking to find a local E2 grip enhancement at the local shops with no luck. Seems they are still hard to come by.
    P229- 40 S&W

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    You want the opinion of another person as to how a pistol could possibly feel in your hand? This has to be a joke, right.

I would understand if you asked "Hey, where in the Delaware Valley area can I find a Sig Enhanced P229?" Touch it for yourself and judge for yourself.
    I do that every night and the grip leaves a lot to be desir.......oh wait........you're talking about a real gun aren't you?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post

Well I guess I have to spell it out for you.
    I want ot know if the grip is really as that of the H&K's??????? Also if you have shot one/own one you would know how it feels in your hands compared to other weapons that have a less ergonimic grip. Is this better????

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    Well I guess I have to spell it out for you.
    I want ot know if the grip is really as that of the H&K's??????? Also if you have shot one/own one you would know how it feels in your hands compared to other weapons that have a less ergonimic grip. Is this better????
    No it is not better. The feel or ergonomics of a grip are individual to the beholder. If someone posts "yeah, it is great" but wears a size XXXL glove and has calloused hands would that help? No.

My point, which you have expertly avoided is that you are the best judge for what feels good, so go feel one. Asking for opinions on the interwebz is like asking someone how onions taste if you have never tasted one. You are the one shopping and looking to buy, why not pursue your own opinion and feel for the intended item?

I have handled an E2 and it is nothing like my HK P7, there does that help? Ergonomics do not rate as better or worse on any quantifiable scale. What is good for one is not so good for another, because none of us have exactly the same hands.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Jesus man let it go.

(Montgomery County)

Impossible question to really give a meaningful answer...

Perhaps someone who owns both could take dimensional measurements of the grip at various locations, then post the numbers - But honestly, what would that tell you about "how they feel" compared to each other? Nothing, really.

For example, plenty of comparable sized guns are only about 1/10" difference here or there in grip dimension, and yet "feel" very, very different (read: "more" or "less" "ergonomic")...

But this probably isn't the answer you are seeking. Sorry.

Regards,

Bones

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Impossible question to really give a meaningful answer...

Perhaps someone who owns both could take dimensional measurements of the grip at various locations, then post the numbers - But honestly, what would that tell you about "how they feel" compared to each other? Nothing, really.

For example, plenty of comparable sized guns are only about 1/10" difference here or there in grip dimension, and yet "feel" very, very different (read: "more" or "less" "ergonomic")...

But this probably isn't the answer you are seeking. Sorry.

Regards,

Bones

Thanks for trying Bones. The answer is quite simple really. What I am looking for is if the sig is somewhat like the H&K grip. I am not really looking for how it feels in anyone hands. I love sigs as well as the H&K's. However the sigs are border line as far as fitting my finger reach, so if they really shortned the distance from the rear of the grip to the trigger then it would be a good fit. However if they have the same feel as the H&K compacts then it is even better. It really does not matter how it fits anyone hand, if the sig feel the same as the H&K in your hands then it is about the same ergonimic design, which means it is a great fit for me. I am trying to avoid ordering one with my local dealer and then not wanting it because of the fit. As per the look on the sig site it should be a shorter reach, but just wanting to make sure.

(Beaver County)

I have an HK P-30 and a SIG P226 E-2. I will tell you that the grip on the HK is just very very slightly more of a nicer grip than the E-2, but not by much.And truely,its only because you can change all four side's of the grip panels on the HK. I love both pistols.And they are both awesome shooters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast