(Montgomery County)

Default Philadelphia Open Carry Picnic July 23rd

Date: July 23rd

Where: TBD (Philadelphia)

Why: To Have Fun!

What to Do: Plan on being there

When will you tell us more?

When you participate

So.. Where is there an awesome park we're we can rent a pavilion and have a nice picnic?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Open Carry Picnic July 23rd

this will also be an outreach event, yes? maybe walk around a few blocks and hand out pamphlets?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Von Coln Field at 2200 Ben Franklin Parkway is listed as a picnic facility on the Phila Fairmount Park site. It is on the edge of center city to the NW of City Hall. Von Coln was a Park Policeman murdered (ambushed) on duty by "revolutionaries" in about 1971. It will have special meaning to the PPD and we would need to be sensitive to it. ("Legally armed citizens stand ready to assist police officers if needed") Someone a little more local would need to check to see if there are shelters/pavilions on site. The Park system also has a number of sites available for events but they are mostly remote and historic mansions around the city. See the Park site. No mention of rentals or reservations at the picnic facilities that I could find but there is a number for Special Events permits 215 685 0060.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Von Coln Field at 2200 Ben Franklin Parkway is listed as a picnic facility on the Phila Fairmount Park site. It is on the edge of center city to the NW of City Hall. Von Coln was a Park Policeman murdered (ambushed) on duty by "revolutionaries" in about 1971. It will have special meaning to the PPD and we would need to be sensitive to it. ("Legally armed citizens stand ready to assist police officers if needed") Someone a little more local would need to check to see if there are shelters/pavilions on site. The Park system also has a number of sites available for events but they are mostly remote and historic mansions around the city. See the Park site. No mention of rentals or reservations at the picnic facilities that I could find but there is a number for Special Events permits 215 685 0060.
    Not sure if this park is part of Fairmont Park, most in the city are, but if it is.....

http://www.fairmountpark.org/pdf/Picnic_Application.pdf

http://www.fairmountpark.org/pdf/Belmont_Grove_App.pdf

PERMITS

Q: How can I get a permit to reserve a date and time to take wedding photos in Fairmount Park?
    A: Call the Fairmount Park's Special Events Office at 215-685-0060 or click here to access our downloadable forms.

Q: I'm planning a family reunion and want to reserve a picnic location in Fairmount Park. How do I do that?
    A: Call the Special Events Office at 215-685-0060 for a permit, stop by their office in the CASE Building, 4301 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 from 11 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday or click here to access our downloadable picnic permit applications. Please note that picnic permits for the next calendar year are not available until the Tuesday after the Monday Presidential holiday in February.

Q: What should I do if someone is using the picnic site which I paid for?
    A: Call the Fairmount Park Rangers at 215-685-0144.

Q: My company wants to reserve a ball field for the season. How can we get information about that?
    A: Call the Athletic Facilities Office at 215-685-0052, pick up a permit application at their office in the CASE Building, 4301 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 between 11 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday, or click here to access our downloadable athletic field permit applications. Athletic permits are issued for one time, seasonal or tournament use.
    Last edited by soberbyker; May 31st, 2011 at 09:45 AM.

(Carbon County)

Subscribing.

Jim

(Luzerne County)

After reading the seemingly endless first hand accounts of PPD violating law abiding gun owners' rights, I am very interested in attending.

Put me down as a "maybe, + 1" until I can work out final plans.

My wife always tells me I need to make more friends... why not make sure they're well armed while I'm at it?

(Delaware County)

Maybe +1 here as well - just have to see how the girlfriend's plans work out. Who knows, maybe she can bring her 5 year old down and we can prove that the combination of children + guns =/= OMG. By then, she may have her own LTCF, in which case, I'll make sure she's OCing as well as myself.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

aww c'mon. Why cant you guys ever have an event on a Sunday? I work every Saturday until 4!

(Bucks County)

I'm in. Subscribed.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bagman29 View Post
    After reading the seemingly endless first hand accounts of PPD violating law abiding gun owners' rights, I am very interested in attending.

Put me down as a "maybe, + 1" until I can work out final plans.

My wife always tells me I need to make more friends... why not make sure they're well armed while I'm at it
    ?
    my wife told me the same thing lol

i can be there. I should be on vacation again next week so if anyone needs help organizing, I will be happy to lend a hand

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast