Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Bersa Thunder 380

MiniDevil, I didn't want to hijack the PPK thread. Just wanted to say that I've owned my Thunder 380 for a few years now and have been carrying it since the first time at the range. I bought a Taurus 24/7 pro in 9mm a few months ago but finding myself more comfortable and confident with the Bersa. I have no reservations about putting the Bersa on when I leave the house. I'd trust my life with it and do. I load up with 8 Cor-Bons and I'm good to go. It'll fit in your pocket if need be. As far as reliability...I've never had a problem with it. I've shot about 1000rds including at least a few Corbon +P's to finish the days shoot. I'm going to replace this with another one when the time comes. Its accurate and easy to maintain. Alot of people put the Bersa down because its an inexpensive gun. But most who own em, love em. They are what they are, PPK knockoffs. But they're made right. They feel good and shoot good. I never worry about whether its going to fire or not, i know it will, 8 times if need be. It always has. Maybe I just got a good one, i don't know. But I'm happy with it.There's alot of good reviews on them.
    www.gunblast.com/Bersa_Thunder380.htm
    www.lesjones.com/posts/001097.shtml

(York County)

Default Re: Bersa Thunder 380

+1 on the Bersa. I've put 1000+ rounds thru mine without any problems at all. It is by far the easiest I own for concealment - I have a Clipdraw on mine.

I've never heard anything bad about the Bersas EVER. Only by people who have never owned one (therefore I immediately discount their crap). I am still looking into getting a Concealed Carry in the future.

http://www.gunblast.com/Bersa_380CC.htm

An extra round, smaller, lighter, just as accurate, and sexy too

(York County)

I plan on getting a Bersa Thunder 380 for my first gun... but now i'm not sure if i want the cc model or not. i like everything but the sights.

(York County)

I had a nickel Bersa 380 some years back. It was my first handgun. I never had a single problem with it, and it shot accurately enough for the job I intended it for. Later on I decided I wasn't crazy about DA autos. No one would give me squat for it so I gave it to a friend as a birthday present. He still has it and is still quite pleased with it.

I have the older model 85 that I'm selling to Deigo...the bersa's are built well. Accurate and compact...mine is heavier than the ones built today. The only negative about the bersa's are how expensive their mags are and that it's only supplied with 1 mag when you purchase the pistol.

Smile Re: Bersa Thunder 380

Let me tell you about this gun. I was in the market for a xd .45 but have shot one before, it kicks to hard to shoot fast and keep on bullseye and is hard to conceal so I was thinking of getting a ppk (.380), then one night while looking through guns online I came across a ppk look alike. The bersa thunder 380! I was impressed with all the features Incorporated in this gun; slide lock/release, Intergral Locking System, manual safety/decocker, magazine safety, easy take down lever and a Lifetime service contract. Then i seen the price and fell back in my seat! wow!!!!! the next day i went to get my purchase permit and 24 hours later i was in Guns Galore fenton buying the duo tone for 229.00+tax. a few weeks later i took it up-north with me and loaded 7-Rd's in the mag and took aim at a target 25-30 ft away then emptied the mag. well for a 3-1/2 inch barrel i wasn't expecting it to be very accurate but the closer i got to the target i was in shock! all 7 Rd's within a 1/4 grouping, it was just one big hole on bullseye from 25-30 ft!!! let me tell you, these sites are right on and very nice!!! not one mishap at all after 100 Rd's non stop!!! TRUST ME IF YOU WERE THINKING OF GETTING THIS GUN THAN DO SO!!! I'm getting the complete nickle slide for $50.00 this week so i can swap slides for a different look. rating is 10/10 what a gun, beats the ppk hands down...

(Blair County)

Can't complain about mine, it does its job as long as I hold up my end. Mine dosen't like Fiocchi HP but that is the only thing it dosen't like. I found the "extended" mag for mine so I carry 9 rounds. Ain't the biggest gun out there but its small enough to conceal real well, with some good ammo and me keeping the shots on target it will do the job.

That and it does a number on tin cans
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    Can't complain about mine, it does its job as long as I hold up my end. Mine dosen't like Fiocchi HP but that is the only thing it dosen't like. I found the "extended" mag for mine so I carry 9 rounds. Ain't the biggest gun out there but its small enough to conceal real well, with some good ammo and me keeping the shots on target it will do the job.

That and it does a number on tin cans
    your right, i only use Remington ammo for my guns and never had a problem, but brown bear on the other hand sucks. it jammed a empty shell in my 223 do to excessive lacquer coating on the cartridge...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by shunt311 View Post
    beats the ppk hands down...
    I have a Bersa thunder .380 in nickel. Nice, reliable, good looking pistol that I used to carry daily. I wouldn't say it is a PPK or better than, but it is a decent choice for an inexpensive CCW.

Take down both guns and you'll see the difference in the machining, the PPK is a better product and should last longer. That said, you can buy 2 Bersas for the price of a PPK so...

My Bersa has been a great pistol. I quit carrying it when I got my XD, and put it up for consignment at Freedom Armory in Glen Rock if anyone wants a nice cheeeeep pistol

Nothing wrong with it, but I'm no collector of handguns. I saw it sitting for months and figured it was time to pass it along.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast