Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Admins/Mods: Appropriate to put out "feelers" for gun sells/trades? If so, what sect?

I'd like to "test the waters" on a trade/sell, without necessarily being bound to follow-through, until I see the interest. Is that okay to do? If so, in what section? Thank you.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Admins/Mods: Appropriate to put out "feelers" for gun sells/trades? If so, what s

my guess would be the classifieds.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Admins/Mods: Appropriate to put out "feelers" for gun sells/trades? If so, what s

For what purpose? Either you want to sell the gun or you don't, and no matter how much interest there is, you'll only be able to sell it to a single buyer.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Sounds like you just want an appraisal

Lol

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Sounds like you just want an appraisal

Lol
    Or high bidder?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Isn't that what gun broker and auction arms are there for? Sounds ridiculous and like a waste of time to me. Eventually, it'll definitely end up resulting in some drama.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Or high bidder?
    Remember, the classifieds aren't Ebay.

Technically you don't have to follow through with anything you list, but hopefully you have more scruples than that.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    Isn't that what gun broker and auction arms are there for? Sounds ridiculous and like a waste of time to me. Eventually, it'll definitely end up resulting in some drama.
    Meh. People do it all the time. Put something in the classifieds for a high price, ask for reasonable offers. That'll give an idea of what people are willing to pay.

If your looking for something more general you can always post here in Pistols and say "Hey, how much would yinz pay for x pistol?"

Or you could just PM me and tell me what you're trying to get rid of, cuz I probably want it.
    Last edited by rwb1500; May 30th, 2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Admins/Mods: Appropriate to put out "feelers" for gun sells/trades? If so, what s

Yes - there is a place for this. It's called, "Gunbroker." With a reserve price.

(Montgomery County)

In retrospect, this wasn't one of my brighter moments.
    I'm pretty darn serious, but backing out of a deal isn't my style, or the right thing to do. I'll just give it more thought. Meanwhile, RWB1500, a PM is headed your way. :-)
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith