Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default SR9c Owners and former Owners

Ive been hearing and reading a lot of negatives news on the Ruger SR9c. On the other side Im hearing a lot of good things too. It seems to me that the jury is split down the middle on the this particular weapon. I went to my local gun shop to see it up close and to get a feel for it and I must say it looks and feels really nice! Its a beautiful gun and I trust Ruger but Im afraid to buy it only to end up with a lot of the issues that many have been having. For the price, you're getting a really good packge IMO. Im really looking to make my final decision based on the replies I get from this thread. Thanks in advance guys!

(Centre County)

Default Re: SR9c Owners and former Owners

This may have something to do with some of the negatives....

http://www.ruger.com/SR9Recall/
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    This may have something to do with some of the negatives....

http://www.ruger.com/SR9Recall/
    That recall is for the SR9.... NOT the SR9C. THE SR9C has the newer trigger.

There is NO recall for the SR9C!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Cambria County)

Thumbs up Re: SR9c Owners and former Owners

Quote Originally Posted by nickdigginz View Post
    Ive been hearing and reading a lot of negatives news on the Ruger SR9c. On the other side Im hearing a lot of good things too. It seems to me that the jury is split down the middle on the this particular weapon. I went to my local gun shop to see it up close and to get a feel for it and I must say it looks and feels really nice! Its a beautiful gun and I trust Ruger but Im afraid to buy it only to end up with a lot of the issues that many have been having. For the price, you're getting a really good packge IMO. Im really looking to make my final decision based on the replies I get from this thread. Thanks in advance guys!

I have the SR9C and use it as my everyday carry piece. I like it. It is small enough and not in the way. I alternate in my carry styles (OC and CC).

I have a crossbreed super tuck for CC and it is NICE.

As you know the SR9C comes with 2 different mags (17 and 10). I use the 10 round for carry.

The slide is a little stiff to rack when new. You will not be able (easily) to use to slide lock button to release the slide. You will have to sling-shot the slide to go ready. (not a bad thing, just so you know the slide lock button is NOT a slide release button)

The gun shoots well. No real issues for me. I use 115 gr mostly and it cycles fine.

I can not say anything bad about the Ruger. Priced fair. Looks good. Feels balanced for a small gun. Sights are decent and friendly.

That's my opinion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Philadelphia County)

It's my EDC and it's great. I have been debating about trading it recently though. Nothing is wrong with the gun, just the grip is a little slim for my hands and sometimes I can't get a full grip on it when drawing from concealment.

I would wholeheartedly recommend it though, it's a great gun for the price and does everything well. Carries great, good range gun, can be a good HD gun as well with the 17rd mag.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for your insight! Did you clean your SR9c before your first shot or did u fire right out the box? And also, have you ever had any hiccups and y

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks sab215

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah, cleaned it out of the box. There's a lot of gunk around the striker assembly. And never a hiccup. It's just very tight for the first 2-400 rounds.

The slide will loosen and the slide stop will eventually be able to function as a slide release. Also, removing the magazine safety helps a lot of said stiffness.

(Butler County)

I recently bought an SR9c,and so far have fired around 400 rds from it,in three trips to the range. Five boxes of Brown Bear FMJ,40 rds of Golden Sabre HP,and maybe 100 rds of some of my reloads,115gr. lead conical point from about five years ago. No problems at all. I did run a patch thru the bore and cleaned the innards before shooting it,but haven't cleaned it since. The mags are stiff,so bring the supplied mag loader when going to the range. Great little gun,very accurate,and the trigger is outstanding.

(Butler County)

SAB215,does yours have a magazine safety? Mine doesn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast