Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default change the classifieds

I would love to see a separate section for long arms and pistols in the classified section. I get all excited to see 45 new post in the firearms section only to find that 43 of them are for pistol when I want a long arm. Another option is to separate between FTF and shipped orders. Or separate each classified section into the area of the state where people want to do business.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: change the classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by meriorage View Post
    I would love to see a separate section for long arms and pistols in the classified section. I get all excited to see 45 new post in the firearms section only to find that 43 of them are for pistol when I want a long arm. Another option is to separate between FTF and shipped orders. Or separate each classified section into the area of the state where people want to do business.
    various things such as this have been suggested a few times, all changes from current set up have been declined.

it is to be noted that this is not a SALES site, the fact that we have a Classified Ad section is a convenience, not a business, so the most basic of ad categories is seen.

I suggest using the search to find specific longarms
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Schuylkill County)

What about just splitting it into 2 Wanted to buy and Wanted to sell? While its not a Sale site its still a excellent feature. JMO

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    What about just splitting it into 2 Wanted to buy and Wanted to sell? While its not a Sale site its still a excellent feature. JMO
    Already possible via "Display Options" available at the bottom of the page. No need for separate forums, just use the options already available.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Already possible via "Display Options" available at the bottom of the page. No need for separate forums, just use the options already available.
    Thanks I wasnt aware of that.

(Lebanon County)

It's fine the way it is. I've used (and tried to use) others and this is set up as well as any other as far as a free benefit of joining a free forum. In my opinion this is simple and superior to most. If you want to browse everything, it's there for you. If you're looking for something specific use the search feature, it's there for you. If you just want to look at WTS, WTT or WTB, the search will quickly sort that for you.
    If you're looking for something and visit once every few weeks you're going to be seeing a lot that you aren't looking for, if you're actively looking for something you can look once a day and see that all new ads will only occupy a page or two, it doesn't take much effort to look past the ones you aren't interested in. A few minutes will show you all new activity in the past day or two. If you're just browsing to see what's what you might want to see everything, I've found more than one good deal that way.

Let's just wait and see what danp has in store for us, we know he's working on something.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.