Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Island Firearms on Neville Island

Wayne can be moody at times... he's a different person when it's slow and/or he doesn't have a shit-ton of paperwork to do.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

He's getting older and maybe crankier but he's far from the worst gun shop owner I've ever encountered. He's actually a decent guy.

On the other hand, if I live to be his age I'll enjoy telling all you whippersnappers to eff off too!

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: Island Firearms on Neville Island

I recently purchased a XDm OSP and a Glock 17 mos from Island firearms and had a terrible experience. I bought them a couple month apart and everything was good when I got the XDm OSP. That is where the good experience ended.

They had to order in the Glock and they also ordered a couple other things I wanted and said they'd be in the next Friday. No problem it was a little slower than some other shops but they could get them. So they called me on Friday and said the Glock was in and when I asked about the other stuff they said it was back ordered and didn't have a clue when they might get them. So the experience just got bad and was about to get worse and I just didn't know it yet.

So I go in on Saturday to pick up the Glock and fill out the paperwork and take it home. Once I get home I notice they ordered the 10 round version instead of the 17. They were closed already so I had to wait to call the next day. I call them up and tell them what happened and they guy I was talking to said bring it all back and we'll swap the magazines out for you. I'm thinking at this point that they really take care of their customers.

So a couple days later I head back out there and tell them what happened and they refuse to help me even though I was told otherwise. There was a younger lady there and an older man. The young lady was nice but with a bit of attitude and the old man wasn't pleasant. The lady told me that this has happened before and the old man tells me they don't make a 17 round version. So I show him the Glock web site and gallery of gun and they both show a 10 and 17 round version. He then goes on to tell me he can't order a 17 round version and it isn't listed on his suppliers websites. I ask if he can help me and swap the mags since it was his mistake and he goes on and on about how he sells 10 round mags all the time and some people prefer them.

So it would seem easy for him to swap the mags since he could easily sell them and keep a customer and I tell him this. He tells me he'll talk to his Glock rep and see what he can do and takes my cellphone number and tells me to leave. It's been 2 weeks and they still haven't called me. They wasted an hour of my time driving back and forth when they said they'd help me out.

I won't ever be back to this shop and recommend everyone else avoid it. Once they get your money they are done with you.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Allegheny County)

He is a dick. After a couple bad experiences with him I wouldn't buy a night crawler from that prick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12