Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17

Default Re: Glock 17

If shooting in these matches is an attempt to build real world defensive skills, i would suggest to the OP that he use the exact setup he will be using when he CCW's, with a round that has the same trajectory and recoil as his chosen carry load as well.

I am currently using my Glock17 with Lone Wolf barrel, Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector and a Hiviz front sight; along with a Blackhawk holsterthat is the same as the Serpa just without the button retention.
    For now the gun is strictly a fun gun and will not be carried, I carry an M&P9c or my PF-9 and am currently looking for /buying a S&W 442.
    I will most likely be shooting IPSC and IDPA as that's what is around here. There is some USPSA but not much but I don't care and am very satisfied to shoot the other two. I need to pick up some mag pouches and just wanted to know if there was some better than others or some to avoid.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I am currently using my Glock17 with Lone Wolf barrel, Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector and a Hiviz front sight; along with a Blackhawk holsterthat is the same as the Serpa just without the button retention.
    For now the gun is strictly a fun gun and will not be carried, I carry an M&P9c or my PF-9 and am currently looking for /buying a S&W 442.
    I will most likely be shooting IPSC and IDPA as that's what is around here. There is some USPSA but not much but I don't care and am very satisfied to shoot the other two. I need to pick up some mag pouches and just wanted to know if there was some better than others or some to avoid.
    comp-tac pouch's clip on the belt and off real easy, ship quick, arent too expensive. I like them for games. For carry I prefer something that holds tighter to the body for concealment like an www.atomicdogholsters.com or custom carry concepts, the ADH also makes a great pancake style kydex holster that will serve you well for carry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Don't carry a Fobus for CCW. I have seen videos where someone rips the entire holster right off of the hip of someone wearing one.

Search on you tube.

A gun like a Glock demands a proper retention holster.
    I've seen videos of bigfoot on youtube too but it doesn't mean it's real. How many times have you a actually drawn your gun? I've literally drawn mine thousands of times from a shitty Fobus holster with a Glock 17 without 1 problem. Some people are just idiots, also it could have been an older version.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

You're not following. In the video, another man RIPS the fobus basket off the paddle of his friends waist with surprisingly little effort.

It's on you tube, a quick search will turn it up.

It's your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    You're not following. In the video, another man RIPS the fobus basket off the paddle of his friends waist with surprisingly little effort.

It's on you tube, a quick search will turn it up.

It's your life.
    Youtube can kiss my ass. Mine will not do that. I know because I actually have one, I'm not relying on some douchebag on youtube. I've actually used mine THOUSANDS of times.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Youtube can kiss my ass. Mine will not do that. I know because I actually have one, I'm not relying on some douchebag on youtube. I've actually used mine THOUSANDS of times.
    I have one too...and it comes off during FoF. It just takes a wheel turn to come off. Really easy if you're doing FoF and use something like a kotogaeshi or a head and arm takedown. Control the arm, roll to the belly and you have open access to literally rip the gun (with the holster) off of the body.

Have you done any fof or retention stuff with yours? What kind of training gun did you use with it?

(Allegheny County)

To the OP,
    I'll give you my 2 cents worth, I am now only shooting IDPA as part of my practice program - no interest in scores/competing (have done it in the past, so I know that part of the game too). I have also shot IPSC/USPSA in the past but not recently.

If you want to practice for some "defensive pistol practice" benefits; shoot the event with your EDC gear.

If you want to shoot it as a match, keeping score etc...., you may as well buy some good gear to start with. You can't go wrong with Comp Tac stuff, other good holsters out there, but you REALLY can't go wrong with Comp Tac stuffs.

They even have a holster/mag pouch combo ready for competing, here is the link:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=128

Good luck to you and have a fun time.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

We've destroyed fobus holsters in classes as an example of why not to buy crap support gear .

It's not about it standing up to draws and mild range use , its about its durability in a fight . Besides that , I wouldn't want ANY paddle in a fight if I had better options . I mean , if im going jogging and need something for on some belt less shorts to carry a small gun then that's just the compromise I might need to make , but not as primary carry gear .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    It is of no concern to me if video of what i'm stating does not compel you to change what products you use.

However, it might be of interest to the OP to know that people have posted videos on you tube of Fobus paddle holsters being ripped right off of a person wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    We've destroyed fobus holsters in classes as an example of why not to buy crap support gear .
    Here is one of the videos i was referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKt...eature=related
    Last edited by Valorius; June 1st, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast