Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Before VPC, Brady, CeasefirePA, MAIG, HGC, and the NRA, there was...

The original contemporary antigun organization that preceded even the antigun NRA:

some evil Quakers quacks (I may have been under mistaken believe the society was predominantly Quaker, oops) known as the Pennsylvania Peace Society!

"The activities of the Pennsylvania Peace Society included holding peace fairs, neighborhood "parlor" meetings, musical programs featuring the Peace Band, Mother's Peace Days, lectures on peace and internationalism, and war relief work, which included knitting woolen garments as well as raising funds for food relief. The Pennsylvania Peace Society championed the cause of temperance, worked for the elimination of boxing bouts, the regulation of firearms, and the abolition of capital punishment, and attempted to uplift public morality through education in public schools. It also gave tacit approval to woman suffrage. The minute books record the debates occasioned by often ambivalent goals and objectives as the Pennsylvania Peace Society struggled to maintain an identity separate from the well-known Universal Peace Union."
    http://www.swarthmore.edu/Library/pe.../DG031PPS.html

Note that "Several women served as Presidents and Vice-Presidents of the Pennsylvania Peace Society, including Lucretia Mott, who was the Society's third President (ca. 1870-1880)." Thank you for taking up the task, good women! Except when you send a letter to the constitutional convention telling it to abolish Pa. Const. art. I, sec. 21! http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ml#post1481572

And so, a hearty FUCK YOU to those dead Quakers quacks who thought that spreading the good word at church, speaking the word on the street, or handbilling was not sufficient to turn the minds of many into deleting the recognizance of our liberty! I did not know it to be a Quaker thing, to ask for tyranny and criminals!
    Last edited by MDJschool; May 25th, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Before VPC, Brady, CeasefirePA, MAIG, HGC, and the NRA, there was...

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    The original contemporary antigun organization that preceded even the antigun NRA:

some evil Quakers quacks (I may have been under mistaken believe the society was predominantly Quaker, oops) known as the Pennsylvania Peace Society!

"The activities of the Pennsylvania Peace Society included holding peace fairs, neighborhood "parlor" meetings, musical programs featuring the Peace Band, Mother's Peace Days, lectures on peace and internationalism, and war relief work, which included knitting woolen garments as well as raising funds for food relief. The Pennsylvania Peace Society championed the cause of temperance, worked for the elimination of boxing bouts, the regulation of firearms, and the abolition of capital punishment, and attempted to uplift public morality through education in public schools. It also gave tacit approval to woman suffrage. The minute books record the debates occasioned by often ambivalent goals and objectives as the Pennsylvania Peace Society struggled to maintain an identity separate from the well-known Universal Peace Union."
    http://www.swarthmore.edu/Library/pe.../DG031PPS.html

Note that "Several women served as Presidents and Vice-Presidents of the Pennsylvania Peace Society, including Lucretia Mott, who was the Society's third President (ca. 1870-1880)." Thank you for taking up the task, good women! Except when you send a letter to the constitutional convention telling it to abolish Pa. Const. art. I, sec. 21! http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ml#post1481572

And so, a hearty FUCK YOU to those dead Quakers quacks who thought that spreading the good word at church, speaking the word on the street, or handbilling was not sufficient to turn the minds of many into deleting the recognizance of our liberty! I did not know it to be a Quaker thing, to ask for tyranny and criminals!

So mdj, what do you think? Is there a possibility that the quakers helped start the "anti-gun" NRA as an infiltration group to get into the minds of the gun owners? In all probablity, Charlton Heston got his marching orders from the Society of Friends.

(Allegheny County)

Question Re: Before VPC, Brady, CeasefirePA, MAIG, HGC, and the NRA, there was...

Don't the Thomas Merton loonies here in Pittsburgh date to the '60's as well? If it's common sense, THEY'LL be there protesting it!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Before VPC, Brady, CeasefirePA, MAIG, HGC, and the NRA, there was...

Something for everyone here to make common knowledge--Don Kates had this figured out 20 years ago before anyone else gave much thought to it:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/guns/gun-control.html

Read, evaluate, and think about things in this context.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I know an older lady who is a quaker and is anti gun, but she doesn't say anything to me, she just gives me dirty looks LOL. Her husband is a know-it-all who doesn't do enough research, and comes off as anti gun and spews Brady crap. Their daughter is also a quaker but she must be more open minded than her mom and dad, as she doesn't have a problem over guns, has said she wants to learn to shoot, and had no problem with me OCing and having her toddler son climbing all over me.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I know an older lady who is a quaker and is anti gun, but she doesn't say anything to me, she just gives me dirty looks LOL. Her husband is a know-it-all who doesn't do enough research, and comes off as anti gun and spews Brady crap. Their daughter is also a quaker but she must be more open minded than her mom and dad, as she doesn't have a problem over guns, has said she wants to learn to shoot, and had no problem with me OCing and having her toddler son climbing all over me.
    You should start dating the daughter and see how they like that. You would get more than dirty looks. LOL