Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Got a question about the 4473

I have been selling and buying guns for 3+ years now. I know that PICS does all of the questions from the NCIS system as well.

1. I recently got a traffic traffic citation
    2. does it effect me buying a gun in the future or renewing my CCW permit

(Snyder County)

Default Re: Got a question about the 4473

Quote Originally Posted by charles451911 View Post
    I have been selling and buying guns for 3+ years now. I know that PICS does all of the questions from the NCIS system as well.

1. I recently got a traffic traffic citation
    2. does it effect me buying a gun in the future or renewing my CCW permit

What exactly was the citation for?

(Allegheny County)

it was speeding the police officer said it will not effect your points at all and he claims i was not wearing my seat belt witch i was wearing my seat belt

(Philadelphia County)

Traffic citations are summary offenses and should not effect your ability to purchase a firearm or obtain a LTCF.

He probably wrote for Disregard Traffic Signs, Signals or Devices, which is a moving violation with no points. Let me go out on a limb here and say this will NOT effect your ability to purchase a firearm or obtain or renew a LTCF.

Hold on let me clarify. Let me go out on a limb here. This will absolutely NOT effect you purchasing a firearm or obtaining or renewing a LTCF except in Philadelphia where the rules of the state do NOT apply.
    Last edited by bob2055; May 26th, 2011 at 12:20 AM.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob2055 View Post
    He probably wrote for Disregard Traffic Signs, Signals or Devices, which is a moving violation with no points. Let me go out on a limb here and say this will NOT effect your ability to purchase a firearm or obtain or renew a LTCF.
    Being outside of Philly it is safer to go out on a limb.

However, theoretically a sheriff could use a traffic citation as part of the evidence of character that would make the applicant for an LTCF unqualified for issuance under 18 Pa.C.S. 6109(e)(1)(i), stating that "[a license shall not be issued to any of the following:] (i) An individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.". I don't see how such a single citation could EVER qualify both character and reputation, and I don't know that sheriffs are generally in the business of doing this, especially for traffic citations that don't evidence harm. Gbrown has also been suggesting use of even conviction data for summary offenses is unlawful under the Criminal History Record Information Act, although I am not privy to the full thrust of this argument.

(Philadelphia County)

MDJ are you following me????????????????

(Jefferson County)

Even if you fail to pay your citation, you wont be denied a license or renewal for a warrant for moving or nonmoving violations.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6109: Licenses
    (e) Issuance of license.--
    (1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:

(xii) An individual who is a fugitive from justice. This subparagraph does not apply to an individual whose fugitive status is based upon nonmoving or moving summary offense under Title 75 (relating to vehicles).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

it was a Traffic Sign and i am way out side of phily im in allegheny county 6hrs away i want to renew my permit with in the next few months

(Allegheny County)

I will never move to phily at all

(Philadelphia County)

Charles you'll be fine. Pay the fine no points, renew your LTCF you'll be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast