Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Just moved from KY to PA

I recently moved from KY to a small town in PA. I have a KY CCDW permit and wondered if anyone could tell me if by law I am to apply for the PA permit or am I ok with the KY CCDW?

Thanks in advanced

James

(York County)

Default Re: Just moved from KY to PA

Welcome to Pa and to PFOA. If you look on the homepage there is info about carrying in Pa and reciprocity agreements.

As far as I can tell you should be safe with your current permit. Never hurts to get a PA ltcf also though, its a shall issue state and only cost I believe $20 (or at least its supposed to). If any of this info is incorrect I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in.

(Cambria County)

Welcome to PA! According to the handgunlaw site, you should be good on your KY permit. See this --> http://handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

(Allegheny County)

Welcome, I did the same a few years ago, I moved from Northern Kentucky to Pittsburgh, quite a change, but the longer I'm here the more I'm loving the city and the great state of PA.

What part of KY did you come from?
    - Josh -

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Just moved from KY to PA

Welcome aboard - you have reciprocity, until you get a PA driver's license. Then I'd change over to a PA license ASAP.

What part of the Bluegrass ya' from? I lived for three years in Ashland, working for the Boy Scouts at the turn of the milennium! My oldest was born there.

(Lawrence County)

Thank you all for warm welcome.

I originally came from England just 4 yrs ago straight into Elizabethtown. I've come to PA to be with my gf and I have to say guys this weather is just like England's...lol

However I think its pretty here.

(Philadelphia County)

One difference, although I've never seen anyone give an example of this coming into play, is that the exemption for being within a federal gun free school zone while armed is only applicable if you have a license from the state in which that school exists. With an out of state license, it's still no-go territory.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    One difference, although I've never seen anyone give an example of this coming into play, is that the exemption for being within a federal gun free school zone while armed is only applicable if you have a license from the state in which that school exists. With an out of state license, it's still no-go territory.
    This^^^^^.

One very important reason to get a PA LTCF.

You can carry in establishments that serve booze in PA too, which I believe isn't the case in Kentucky.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jharvey1029 View Post
    Thank you all for warm welcome.

I originally came from England just 4 yrs ago straight into Elizabethtown. I've come to PA to be with my gf and I have to say guys this weather is just like England's...lol

However I think its pretty here.
    HA! Used to live in Elizabethtown. 806 Patty Court, went to Moorehead Elementary. Wonderful place.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Jefferson County)

One thing to consider - Your KY license may not be valid now that you do not live in KY. ..So long as it is valid in KY, it is valid in PA.

But, PA's LTCF is dirt cheap and easy to get. It'll protect you from the 1000ft federal school zone thingy.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast