Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Rear Car Window Decals

Man, I must've been asleep the last few years, maybe shaking off the cobwebs of a few too many parties in my 20's, but it was as if one day I woke up and realized that a lot of people are putting decals that say "in memory of grandma, etc" on their back windows of their cars. (example

I'm not trying to be disrespectful if anyone has this on their windows, but what purpose does it serve? Should I assume that Grandma's body or ashes are in the back of your car and you opted for a car trunk rather than a grave? Does it mean that you inherited enough money from the person to pay for your car?

Help me out here if I missed something!

(York County)

Default Re: Rear Car Window Decals

It's just a public way of expressing grief. Most times it's a very tragic circumstance when they put it on a vehicle. For some people it helps to tell others about what happened.

And it's more likely its in memory of their 5 year old daughter, not zombie grandma

Or some fellow 'gangsta' who failed to duck.

It's a horrible photoshop job.

(Westmoreland County)

Its just a dumbass idea in general. If you want a tattoo or something to remember your kid thats fine I don't care. That is a personal reminder as in to yourself. This crap is more like LOOK AT ME BE SAD FOR ME MY 5 YEAR OLD DIED!!!!!!!!! or I've seen the kind that say just like RIP Jimbob or whatever. Why on your fricking car? Oh crap I better not tailgate this dude he lost somebody named Steve. If you are so insecure that about your "grieving" that you have to have it written down so everyone can know how sad you are, well then maybe theres something wrong. Either you don't know how emotions work are aren't having them, or you're trying to elicit pity from everyone around you either way you're still a nimrod.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wasz View Post
    Its just a dumbass idea in general. If you want a tattoo or something to remember your kid thats fine I don't care. That is a personal reminder as in to yourself. This crap is more like LOOK AT ME BE SAD FOR ME MY 5 YEAR OLD DIED!!!!!!!!! or I've seen the kind that say just like RIP Jimbob or whatever. Why on your fricking car? Oh crap I better not tailgate this dude he lost somebody named Steve. If you are so insecure that about your "grieving" that you have to have it written down so everyone can know how sad you are, well then maybe theres something wrong. Either you don't know how emotions work are aren't having them, or you're trying to elicit pity from everyone around you either way you're still a nimrod.
    These are usually the same folks that get all apoplectic with grief and throw themselves down on the ground and have to be dragged away, all the while being filmed by the local news team at a homicide scene.

Next thing you know, it's "In Memory Of...." airbrushed on a huge white Tshirt!
    Last edited by LM4300; August 5th, 2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: awful typo's and synonym issues

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LM4300 View Post
    Next thing you know, it's "In Memory Of...." airbrushed on a huge white Tshirt!
    You haven't seen one of those yet?? I've seen a couple while residing in the Reading area. Usually an oversized, long, white t-shirt (get my drift). I think I may have seen a hat airbrushed like that too....not positive though.
    I think the founding fathers meant exactly what they wrote: the government should not make any laws restricting the RIGHT of the people to 'hold or retain in one's possession' and 'hold or carry' guns and other weapons that would allow them to keep their government in line.

(Fayette County)

I am a pretty compassionate person, but have to be honest and say I don't get the stickers, t-shirts, or the little memorials by the road sides. I always felt grief should be a personal thing, not shared with a bunch of strangers.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by s.vermeire View Post
    You haven't seen one of those yet?? I've seen a couple while residing in the Reading area. Usually an oversized, long, white t-shirt (get my drift). I think I may have seen a hat airbrushed like that too....not positive though.
    Oh I have seen them, just likening them to the car decals.

Someone mentioned it already, but I think it's part of a "look at me" mentality. Pity me, oh woe is me.......It's attention regardless of the circumstances.

(Cumberland County)

If you guys don't like the stickers don't put them on your car

My brother passed away valentines day 07 from a car wreck in january in which he was a passenger. A fellow class mate (he was 16 at the time) of his drew up the sticker on her own and had them made. It was passed out throughout the school and some were given to us (the family) i am more then proud to have a sticker on my rear window that someone took the time to sit and think up of a design and draw it up to comemorate him.

If you think its stupid, don't put them on. But until you have been in a situation that someone has been in, i don't think you should judge them becuase they want to remember their family member in a certain way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast