Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr K9

(Cumberland County)

Default Kahr K9

Buddy of mine is looking to purchase a Kahr K9 K9093. He does NOT want the one with NYPD specs/trigger. Seems he has only been able to find the model with NYPD specs.. He had one ordered at a gunshop, and sure enough, although it said nothing about having NYPD specs., that's the way it arrived so he didn't buy it. Anyone have any info. or know where to find one of these Kahr's without those specs?
    Thanks !

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Kahr K9

Tell him to order it from Kahr the way he wants it and have them ship it to any dealer he wants.

Just log on to Kahr's website and order it.

(Cambria County)

Budsgunshop.com has them in stock.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

I picked up a black K9 last week. Made in '96 with the NYPD trigger (then just considered the standard Kahr trigger). It's now at the factory getting the elite trigger upgrade. I'm fairly certain that the only K9 that comes out of the factory with the NYPD trigger is the all black one. Every other pistol they make comes with the Elite trigger now.
    I should be hearing back from them soon re the cost and etc for the trigger replacement.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtk215 View Post
    I picked up a black K9 last week. Made in '96 with the NYPD trigger (then just considered the standard Kahr trigger). It's now at the factory getting the elite trigger upgrade. I'm fairly certain that the only K9 that comes out of the factory with the NYPD trigger is the all black one. Every other pistol they make comes with the Elite trigger now.
    I should be hearing back from them soon re the cost and etc for the trigger replacement.
    Thanks. He wants the ss one, and all that he has been able to find, and the one his gunshop ordered through his distributor came ss fine - buy nypd trigger. Buds normally carries the k9093 ss in both the nypd trigger and regular, but are out of stock! Thanks all ! ( and directly from Kahr is $200+ more than anywhere else - but may end up being the only option )
    Last edited by cruzans; May 25th, 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Kahar K9 is one of the best made USA semi auto of its kind, it usually has a really nice trigger and shoots above par as a accurate gun. Unlike my Pt11 Kel tech 9mm that in my hands is only accurate inside 15 yards the K9 is accurate out to 25-40 yards almost as accurate as a full size service pistol.

When I was working Fed security I knew an officer that owned 3 of them ss, blue and polymer 9mms he loved them obvious in his purchase of 3 $500+ CC pistols he had money. I think the ss was 40 cal.

That is a high quailty pistol!! And USA made.

There's a few k9 elites on gunbroker. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=231019614

I assumed it was only the black k9 that had the NYPD trigger. Thanks for the heads-up, I've been entertaining the idea of also having an SS k9 in the future.

I bought mine used on the cheap, knowing it would be going in to Kahr for upgrades. You really can't go wrong buying a used K9, IHMO, they are built like a tank and they can be found for around 400.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtk215 View Post
    There's a few k9 elites on gunbroker. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=231019614

I assumed it was only the black k9 that had the NYPD trigger. Thanks for the heads-up, I've been entertaining the idea of also having an SS k9 in the future.

I bought mine used on the cheap, knowing it would be going in to Kahr for upgrades. You really can't go wrong buying a used K9, IHMO, they are built like a tank and they can be found for around 400.
    Saw a few SS 9093's on gunbroker, but only a few, and all but one actually have the NYPD trigger! Going to check the one that doesn't mention NYPD set up to see if it is truly the right one. Tx.

(Philadelphia County)

I bought a new ss K9 a few months ago, it came with the NYPD trigger. You could always upgrade to the Elite trigger yourself, it's about $30 in parts from Kahr and they drop right in, no special fitting required. The hardest part is getting the trigger pivot pin out if you don't have an arbor press handy. And be sure the Cocking Cam assembly located at the rear of the frame stays put while working on the trigger, it comes apart very easily and getting that tiny little coil spring back into place was a real pain

I also added wood grips, a stainless guide rod and beveled the edges of the ejection port a bit to keep it from snagging/cutting up the insides of my leather holster.
    Last edited by Hugazombie; May 25th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugazombie View Post
    I bought a new ss K9 a few months ago, it came with the NYPD trigger. You could always upgrade to the Elite trigger yourself, it's about $30 in parts from Kahr and they drop right in, no special fitting required. The hardest part is getting the trigger pivot pin out if you don't have an arbor press handy. And be sure the Cocking Cam assembly located at the rear of the frame stays put while working on the trigger, it comes apart very easily and getting that tiny little coil spring back into place was a real pain

I also added wood grips, a stainless guide rod and beveled the edges of the ejection port a bit to keep it from snagging/cutting up the insides of my leather holster.
    Getting the cam spring in place is a total pain, but doable. I wanted to get the parts and do the trigger upgrade myself, but ended up sending my pistol in bc I couldn't for the life of me get the trigger pin out (at least not without major fear of damaging frame).
    Those wood grips look awesome!! Are they the one's on the Kahr website?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast