Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default attended Phila L & I hearing today -- 5 examples of wrongful revocations

I attended the Philadelphia L & I hearing and was dumb founded again as to the blatant willful violations of the Criminal History Record Information Act by Brad Richmond, Esq for the City and the L & I board by using non conviction data, and/or arrest history only. This attorney has got a God complex which unfortunately is impeding law abiding citizens rights.

a few specific cases I noted.

3 individuals revoked for failure to inform Police Officer they possesed and LTCF and/or were carrying during a traffic a stop. once guy handed over his LTCF during traffic stop but revoked for not verbalizing he was carrying.

1 individual L & I upheld revokation for driver license suspension.

PPD and L & I == VIOLATE PEOPLES RIGHTS

(Delaware County)

Default Re: attended Phila L & I hearing today -- 5 examples of wrongful revocations

Wow, all 5 are BS

No duty to inform in PA and LTCF revoked because license revoked?

Ridiculous

PPD and L & I = CRIMINALS

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: attended Phila L & I hearing today -- 5 examples of wrongful revocations

Just more proof that the GPU should be moved under the Sheriffs wing.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    I attended the Philadelphia L & I hearing and was dumb founded again as to the blatant willful violations of the Criminal History Record Information Act by Brad Richmond, Esq for the City and the L & I board by using non conviction data, and/or arrest history only. This attorney has got a God complex which unfortunately is impeding law abiding citizens rights.

a few specific cases I noted.

3 individuals revoked for failure to inform Police Officer they possesed and LTCF and/or were carrying during a traffic a stop. once guy handed over his LTCF during traffic stop but revoked for not verbalizing he was carrying.

1 individual L & I upheld revokation for driver license suspension.

PPD and L & I == VIOLATE PEOPLES RIGHTS
    I'm not a fan of the PPD, but I know Brad personally, both from representing clients and at legal seminars. I can tell you that he doesn't have a "God complex", nor does he make the decision to revoke or deny licenses.

Further, there's nothing wrong with denying an LTCF based on non-conviction data. The right to even own a firearm can be lost based on non-conviction data; such as mental health records or current PFA's. And case law allows the use of incidents where the citizen not only wasn't convicted, he wasn't even arrested or charged. "Hanging around with drug dealers" reflects poorly on a citizen's character or reputation, for example.

The standards for issuing an LTCF are not the same as those for passing PICS for a purchase, the uniform statute allows character and reputation evidence. You can properly be denied an LTCF if you're an habitual alcoholic or drug user, even without a corresponding criminal conviction.

That being said, IF the only reason an LTCF was revoked was "failure to inform" (and all we have is your report, in which you got Brad's name wrong, and you're incorrect about the use of non-conviction data, so I have to remain a bit skeptical), then that's legally insufficient, and should be appealed. There's no statute, and no general duty to speak to cops beyond supplying the required operator's documents during a traffic stop, or to identify yourself under some specific circumstances. The PPD has no legal basis for creating a duty to inform, and in fact the UFA preempts them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Are these LTCF holders in Philadelphia County or are they out of County citizens? I guess my question is, can Philadelphia County (for example) revoke a Chester County LTCF holder for failure to inform or are they just doing this to Philadelphia citizens? (I know both are illegal but just wanted confirmation as to who they are doing this to).

Quote Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
    Are these LTCF holders in Philadelphia County or are they out of County citizens? I guess my question is, can Philadelphia County (for example) revoke a Chester County LTCF holder for failure to inform or are they just doing this to Philadelphia citizens? (I know both are illegal but just wanted confirmation as to who they are doing this to).
    It really does not matter. If they do it to residents they can do it to nonresidents and visa versa.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    It really does not matter. If they do it to residents they can do it to nonresidents and visa versa.
    I don't think that's right. I thought only the issuing sheriff could revoke. Otherwise, they probably would have already revoked Viper's.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    No they can't.

Only the issuing authority can revoke a LTCF. Unless the LTCF was issued by the PPD, they absolutely cannot revoke it, even "wrongfully."

If I received such a notice from PPD (my LTCF was issued by Franklin county), I'd be inclined to simply throw it away. I wouldn't of course, as it would be a great show-and-tell to demonstrate their arrogance, but I certainly wouldn't surrender my LTCF or be concerned of the statutory repercussions for not doing so.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    No they can't.

Only the issuing authority can revoke a LTCF. Unless the LTCF was issued by the PPD, they absolutely cannot revoke it, even "wrongfully."

If I received such a notice from PPD (my LTCF was issued by Franklin county), I'd be inclined to simply throw it away. I wouldn't of course, as it would be a great show-and-tell to demonstrate their arrogance, but I certainly wouldn't surrender my LTCF or be concerned of the statutory repercussions for not doing so.
    That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. I can see them attempting to do this to LTCF holders outside of the City who venture into their borders too... They do just about anything else illegal it seems.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I don't think that's right. I thought only the issuing sheriff could revoke. Otherwise, they probably would have already revoked Viper's.
    Only the issuing athuority can revoke a LTCF I believe. But on a side note, could the PPD retain a LTCF, CCW, CCP or whatever you possess that was issued elsewhere or are they required to give it back to you after an encounter?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast