Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Classifieds Post Count.

Is there any way we can get a minimum post count for posting an add in the classifieds section. I am sick of seeing a classified add of something I am interested in and I pm them and they never respond then I look and the only post they have is their add. They are just here to sell their stuff and are never seen from again. And they never close their add.

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Classifieds Post Count.

It's been asked before, and the answer has always been no.

One of the reasons is a minimum post count to post in any particular section just encourages people to spam the board with worthless posts just to get to that minimum count to post the message they want to post.

(Allegheny County)

I've also found some great deals from people who just come here to sell stuff. Allowing anybody to post there is good for both the seller and any board regular looking for a deal.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Chester County)

Heck, I just closed one of my ads because I was getting spammed by creepy PM's from people with no posts at all.

Works both ways!
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Bucks County)

I agree with the need for a member to have placed a minimum number of postings on the forum before being allowed to participate in the classified postings.

Recently, I have replied to several offers for items for sale. And have had several "disappointments". Two sellers responded that the items listed were already sold since the items were listed not only here but on several other for sale forums at the same time.

Two others offering items for sale were just sloppy and/or lazy in their response, and careless by not updating their ad posting.

I have had quite of few good purchases using the classified listings. These successful transactions have always been with those PAFOA members who have been here awhile and have a number of postings under their belt.

Most of the other forums I visit require that a member needs to have made a minimum number of postings before having access to their for sale classified.

(Montgomery County)

the admin said no, several ties now, issue is closed, sorry.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply