Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Wife had a encounter because of me.

I'd say it was not bad, but unnecessary. We were at my parents for the last couple days cleaning there house. Today there was a full rainbow out front, so I got the camera and was taking pictures. My brother and I went back inside while the XYL stayed out to get some more pictures. She came inside, and said two of the community security guards approached her and inquired if she was with two men where one was carrying a gun :0 She informed them yes that my brother and I were with her, and we were in the house now. Also, she told them I usually carry, and asked why they were asking. They told her someone called them, and reported a guy with a gun on his side walking outside. After that they left without even asking to speak to me. So, I would rate my XYL's OC encounter without carrying a good one; however, there was no need for them to even show up.

Be Safe
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Wife had a encounter because of me.

Neutral encounter, but not at all badly handled. Gotta give her some flyers!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Sounds like the guys (community security) just had a job to do. After confirming nothing was wrong they split. Chalk that up in the win because the police did not show up!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Sounds like the guys (community security) just had a job to do. After confirming nothing was wrong they split. Chalk that up in the win because the police did not show up!
    Funny, I said I wonder when Whitehall PD is going to show up. Nope, never did. Kudos for not having a full tactical response.
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    If I was living in a community with security I would be glad that they showed up, maybe they can take care of business before i need to get involved, because after work, im tired lol.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Erie County)

If it's a security force, they do need to check out reports, BUT, dispatch should be asking "is the MWG threatening anyone, pointing the gun at anyone, acting crazy, etc.?" Then they should inform the caller that carry is legal, and unless the MWG is doing something to warrant their attention, they will not be harassing him, any more than they will harass a man with a big dog.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    If I was living in a community with security I would be glad that they showed up, maybe they can take care of business before i need to get involved, because after work, im tired lol.
    If I was living in a community that:
    A: had its own security, and
    B: had neighbors that called them about an OC pistol...

I would turn my gun on myself. You just know they also have rules about lawn care, flowerbeds, working on cars in the driveway, when you can fire up the grill, pubic hair length and color, and a million other bullshit regulations telling you what you can/can't do at "home". No thanks...

But to the OP, I just gave your wife invisible, non-forum "rep" for handling this well...good for her.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
    If I was living in a community that:
    A: had its own security, and
    B: had neighbors that called them about an OC pistol...

I would turn my gun on myself. You just know they also have rules about lawn care, flowerbeds, working on cars in the driveway, when you can fire up the grill, pubic hair length and color, and a million other bullshit regulations telling you what you can/can't do at "home". No thanks...

But to the OP, I just gave your wife invisible, non-forum "rep" for handling this well...good for her.
    Too true. Rep for nailing it on the head.