Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Looking at getting C&R... questions

I travel all over the country for my job. I'd like to get a C&R to make purchasing guns out of state for my collection (99% of my collection is C&R stuff). My problem is my job prohibits transporting privately owned weapons while on orders. Since I really don't want to lose my job, if I bought a firearm while out of town it would be better to ship it home to myself, rather than fly it home.

If I'm still out of town, can I ship them to myself and have my wife sign for them, or do I ship them to her even if it's my name on the C&R, or do we do the C&R as a partnership so she can use the C&R too? Advice?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Looking at getting C&R... questions

To safely cover your backside, drop another $30, have her get a C&R as well, and you are then essentially shipping FFL to FFL.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(York County)

Yes, but if I get a C&R too, then we run into the issues of his gun vs. my gun, maintaining two separate bound books, etc.

I suggested a partnership, because then we can both be listed as a "responsible person," and only have 1 bound book. However, if we are listed as a partnership, do we then need to file paperwork as a business of some sort?

(Jefferson County)

Yes, you can ship the guns to yourself. She can sign for them from the common carrier. She CANNOT open the package.

You ship them to:

Mr. mp517prct's name
    c/o: Mrs. mp517prct's name
    1234 E. Blah Ave.
    Dover, PA Zipcode
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

That would be torture for me!!!

That decides it--we're either getting a joint one, or he's not getting one!

(Lancaster County)

I've ordered C&R guns from AIMSurplus that were delivered while I was at work. My son signed for one of the packages before he was 18. The UPS courier doesn't seem to care who signs as long as he doesn't have to put it back on his truck. I don't know how "legal" that was but seriously, what could I do about it? I got home from work and there was a package there with a C&R rifle in it signed for by a minor. I think the stipulation is that it has to be delivered to the address listed on the license, I really don't think it makes a difference who signs for it as long as it's in good faith and not some setup or scheme to do a straw purchase or deliver a firearm to a prohibited person.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by CZ_Collector View Post
    I've ordered C&R guns from AIMSurplus that were delivered while I was at work. My son signed for one of the packages before he was 18. The UPS courier doesn't seem to care who signs as long as he doesn't have to put it back on his truck. I don't know how "legal" that was but seriously, what could I do about it? I got home from work and there was a package there with a C&R rifle in it signed for by a minor. I think the stipulation is that it has to be delivered to the address listed on the license, I really don't think it makes a difference who signs for it as long as it's in good faith and not some setup or scheme to do a straw purchase or deliver a firearm to a prohibited person.
    Yikes! I've had alcohol delivered and they were pretty set on whoever signed for it being at least 21.

Seriously though, the thought of signing for it, but not being able to open it would bug me too much.