Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Tiny Tuckables. Where Do You Put Your Pocket Pistol When Your Pockets are Full?

I recently discovered I have a problem. The gf and I are growing our business, a business that involves spending 12 hour days around large crowds of people. Now personally I really don't care if people see or know that I'm carrying a gun. But professionally, I have to watch my butt. I'd be very upset if some accidental printing of some sort lost us business. Gotta pay the bills, ya know?

Usually I just throw a J frame or my KT P32 in a pocket. I realized today that I put a whole lot of crap in my pockets. Knives, wallet, keys, change, lighter. And when we're working it's worse, batteries, lens caps, memory cards, filters, sometimes lenses. So I'm trying to evict the P32 from my pocket.

I'm looking for a simple, small, tuckable iwb holster. I feel like the Crossbreed Minituck is way overkill. I'm looking at something like this High Noon;
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._decision.html

I'd love to hear suggestions.

Another thought, if I'm going to go tuckable, why not carry a bit more gun? I still need the utmost in discretion... But I'm considering something tuckable for my Kahr now too. This is the P32 on top of the Kahr;

Not much bigger in the grip. Heavier though, for sure.

Well, what say you?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

Arrow Re: Tiny Tuckables. Where Do You Put Your Pocket Pistol When Your Pockets are Full?

I feel almost sheepish recommending an Uncle Mike's nylon/cordura ANYTHING, BUT... they make a nominally decent inside-the-pocket holster for only a few bucks.

I've got a little J-frame Taurus (605) that I especially like to carry in-the-pocket in the summertime. I carry in my right front (strong side) pocket, but having been trained since childhood, the ONLY thing I've ever kept in that pocket, is a handkerchief. My dad is firm of the opinion, a gentleman always has a handkerchief on them (that, and I've worn glasses since 4th grade - gotta have SOMETHING to clean 'em with!), and that just ended up being the pocket where it always rides.

Handkerchiefs aren't very big, and so don't interfere with carry. I only wish the holster had a slightly tackier surface though, as I have practiced drawing with it. Sometimes, the holster comes out too - still covering the gun!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Tiny Tuckables. Where Do You Put Your Pocket Pistol When Your Pockets are Full?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tiny Tuckables. Where Do You Put Your Pocket Pistol When Your Pockets are Full?

I saw this on another thread. Looks interesting.

No Clip IWB Remora holster.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/

http://www.remoraholsters.com/No_Clip_Holsters.html

Do you wear long pants? I sometimes carry a P32 in a Desantis ankle holster when nothing else works. Its so light and comfortable I forget I have it on.
    Toujours prêt

If I'm pocket carrying, NOTHING is in my right front pocket other than the gun. I make other arrangements for keys, phones, money etc. That pocket's for a gun. Everything else takes a backseat.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    If I'm pocket carrying, NOTHING is in my right front pocket other than the gun. I make other arrangements for keys, phones, money etc. That pocket's for a gun. Everything else takes a backseat.
    Vetry true. All it takes is for soemthing to make its way into the trigger gaurd and for you to bend or sit the wrong way.

I know for that Keltec you can get a clip that sits on the side, replaces one of the frame pins, and allows for IWB carry without a holster (if you were up for that.....)

(Cumberland County)

Ok, I guess I wasn't clear. I do usually carry in my front strong side pocket with a pocket holster. I need an alternative, because I want to have a free pocket to put other crap in

I really don't like ankle carry too much.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Philadelphia County)

My Tomcat rides in a wallet holster in my back pocket.

Something like this : http://unclegeorgeswalletholster.com/default.aspx

(Luzerne County)

I myself make a point of of putting nothing in my pocket when I carry. Why not in a in the pants holster.

I had an uncle mikes pocket holster. It worked but it was not the greatest. I took it to a local leather smith and he copied it for little money. I doubt I will wear it out.
    Last edited by normanvin; May 21st, 2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

I have a front pocket holster (The Blackbird) from PCS holsters for my Kahr MK9:

http://pcsholsters.com/

I can't speak for his IWB holsters, but his front pocket holster has been top-notch; it's comfortable, does it's job, and has been tough as nails. I've had it for about 3 years, use it almost every day, and it's showing very little signs of wear.

The biggest plus for me was that the owner, Michael Meredith, is a fantastic guy to deal with; he was extremely professional. I'd highly recommend taking a look at PCS.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast