Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Anyone have a FN Five-seveN?

Really have been looking to get one but have bought some many guns to find out I dont really like them and its kinda a big price tag to get bored after 50 rounds. If you have one let me know what you think and does anyone know of a range anywhere remotely close to philly, bucks that rents one so I could find out for sure. Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone have a FN Five-seveN?

You are either going to love it or hate it...there really isn't an inbetween. I've owned the FsN, PS90 and AR57...I personally like the 5.7 caliber...the velocities are crazy if you reload or if you buy EA. If you can afford the firearms...you can afford factory ammo or reload your own.

I just hope your thread doesn't turn into a 5.7 sucks from folks that never owned or fired one.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1080 View Post
    If you have one let me know what you think
    I don't own one, but I've shot them on a few occasions. My impression of them is that they feel very loose and plastic-y to me. It felt like handling a toy, not a tool. In my opinion, it's an awful lot of money for a novelty gun that shoots a relatively uncommon, expensive round.

That said, if you get a chance to shoot it, do take advantage of the opportunity. The more guns you try, the more you get a feel for what you like and what you don't.

(Bucks County)

Im just really looking for that perfect carry gun for me. Its turned in something like a hunt for a unicorn. I like all the specs and it looks great on paper just trying to figure out if the paper results are actually real world results. Ive bought at least 10 different guns thinking they were going to be my new carry gun just to end up selling or trading or just never using them again. For know ive been rotating a g26 and a g23.

For know ive been rotating a g26 and a g23.
    What's lacking about these two models? I'm not arguing your choice, nor am I trying to dissuade you from trying to find The Right Carry Gun for you. Knowing what you don't like and what you're looking for in a carry gun may help.

Really have been looking to get one but have bought some many guns to find out I dont really like them and its kinda a big price tag to get bored after 50 rounds. If you have one let me know what you think and does anyone know of a range anywhere remotely close to philly, bucks that rents one so I could find out for sure. Thanks.
    My brother and a couple friends have them. They LOVE the guns.

I plan on joining the Five Seven club in the next year or so, once my other gun projects are completed.

(Bucks County)

the 5.7 is a good gun and it does/look and feel like a toy but once you get to the range the gun is all business. materials used to manufacture firearms is moving forward away from metal and towards polymers but some folks are caught up in the past and prefer all metal guns so they don't appreciate the technological advancements that makes guns like the 5.7, PS90 or FS2000 possible so they critisize them and call them toy like.

from everything i've read the majority of 5.7 owners love the gun and ammo is no more expensive these days than 40, 45, 44 mag etc. with thats said the 5.7 as been on the market for several years now and out of all the gunshops i regularly visit and gunshows i attend i've only seen one used 5.7 which means their owners are holding on to them.

the 5.7 is a nitch gun and i don't think it's a good candidate for concealed carry since there are smaller firearms available that are easier to conceal and chambered in calibers with more knockdown power. if you want one buy one and don't worry about the naysayers. not to long ago tanners had 5.7's for 899 which is a dan good price since most other gunshops are selling them for above a grand.

(Beaver County)

I have one and I love it. I carry mine in the summer when I OC. I use a G29 for CC. It's a fun and accurate gun. Ammo cost is comparable with .223 if you buy in bulk. I usually buy mine 1k at a time from Cabelas when they put it on sale. Factory ammo hits almost 1800fps out of the pistol according to my chrony. I also have the +10 mag extensions and had a leather shop custom make me 2 horizontal mag holsters for them. I've shot mine out to 200 yrds at steel rams off of a bench. I needed about 4" of hold over to hit the ram at 200. With practice you can easily break clay pigeons with it at 100. I bought mine a few years ago for 925 new and have shot about 4k rounds through it. My next adventure is reloading some Dogtown 36grain hollowpoints for it.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

I agree with how accurate they are. My best friend loans me his on occasion (after I talk him in to it by whipping his ass) and getting 50 out of 50 in an 8 ring at 50 yds is a piece of cake. It does feel a little toyish, but does it ever shoot well. Rapid firing at a thorax sized target at 25 yards is way too much fun. I get a boner just thinking about it.

(Beaver County)

Talking Re: Anyone have a FN Five-seveN?

i have one as well, its my carry gun. I LOVE IT!! i wont go into all the fore mentioned qualities of the gun cause it would just be repetitive. ammo can be limited but most "good gun shops" will have at least one box on hand. and to comment on the "gun being toy like", its obvious that anyone who feels that way, cant appreciate technology and cant see the tactical superiority of the weapon IMO. enough on that before an argument starts,lol. i personally would take my FiveseveN over any glock,1911,kel-tec,etc. knock down power becomes irrelevant with a properly placed shot, and with a 20 rnd mag. you have many tries. a head shot with a standard round (ss197sr 40gr.V-max hornady) has catastrophic results. again knock down power is irrelevant. with proper training and practice the little 5.7x28mm gun is wicked,hands down. you can purchase ammo from Elite ammunition also. they have a wide variety of loads and velocities(some you cant purchase,lol).
    "CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND"

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast