Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Help legalize semi-auto in PA HB 347 2011-2012

Bump

Come on people!
    Everyone I have talked to say that there is very little hunter input on this.
    Really?

(Lancaster County)

Any further movement? The online record doesn't seem to be in date.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Apparently it's in the Game and Fisheries committee which currently has no meetings scheduled. Anyone know when they typically start to meet? This bill needs to go through.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Sunday hunting is the hot & heavy topic right now. This is just kinda floating out there waiting to see what happens.

(Lancaster County)

So while anti gun people propose 5-10 pieces of legislation at a time every year we pick 1 at a time that takes possibly 3-5 years to get just that one done? That's the strategy?

(Northampton County)

So this legislation would allow a person with a semi-automatic rifle with a capacity of 3 rounds or less to take 3 species of animals? Why so limited?

Seems to me that if you want to try to change the rules you should at least try for something useful? Why a 3 round limit? Why not for squirrels and rabbits? Why not pistols?

I would support legislation that would allow a hunter with a 10/22 (the most popular 22 ever) or Marlin Model 60 (2nd most popular?), or a 22 pistol like a Ruger Mk. I,II or III , Browning Buckmark and similar semi-auto pistols to hunt small game using magazine capacities as designed by the manufacturer.

In my mind there is no rational reason to prohibit the use of these types of firearms for hunting. If you're going to pick a fight, why not make it a fight worth having?

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    So while anti gun people propose 5-10 pieces of legislation at a time every year we pick 1 at a time that takes possibly 3-5 years to get just that one done? That's the strategy?
    Crazy isn't it. Look how long the Castle doc. took to get passed.

If wasting time was an olympic sport these people would be gold medalists.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    So this legislation would allow a person with a semi-automatic rifle with a capacity of 3 rounds or less to take 3 species of animals? Why so limited?

Seems to me that if you want to try to change the rules you should at least try for something useful? Why a 3 round limit? Why not for squirrels and rabbits? Why not pistols?

I would support legislation that would allow a hunter with a 10/22 (the most popular 22 ever) or Marlin Model 60 (2nd most popular?), or a 22 pistol like a Ruger Mk. I,II or III , Browning Buckmark and similar semi-auto pistols to hunt small game using magazine capacities as designed by the manufacturer.

In my mind there is no rational reason to prohibit the use of these types of firearms for hunting. If you're going to pick a fight, why not make it a fight worth having?

My .02
    The proposed bill doesn't set a capacity limit.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Any further movement? The online record doesn't seem to be in date.
    We still have the same amount of sponsors as we had on June 14. No change, no movement

HB 347 – Sponsor: Rep. Sonney – Subject: Legalize ANY semiautomatic rimfire rifle, .22 caliber or less, for the taking of coyotes, foxes or woodchucks – SMALL STEP in getting this for other species

***Status - Game and fish committee since Jan 31, 2011

- As of Sept 26, 2011 we have 27 sponsors no change

SONNEY, CAUSER, CUTLER, DENLINGER, ELLIS, FABRIZIO, FLECK, GEIST, GODSHALL, GROVE, HESS, HUTCHINSON, KORTZ, MARSHALL, METCALFE, METZGAR, PYLE, STEVENSON, CHRISTIANA, BRENNAN, REED, HARHART, LONGIETTI, SCHRODER, GILLEN and HORNAMAN

READ PROPOSED LEGISLATION HERE

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&BN=0347

The fall session starts On Sept 26th IF you are for this concept of legalizing some Semi auto rifles for added hunting opportunity, contact any Rep that is not listed as a sponsor. Especially anyone that serves on the GAME & FISHERIES committee that is not a current sponsor.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...?cde=18&body=H

Fall schedule Session days

September 26, 27, and 28
    October 3, 4, 5, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, and 31
    November 1, 2, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, and 23
    December 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, and 14

IF you want this passed better speak up as complaining here on PAFOA about not being able to hunt with your favor semi auto rifles does nothing.

IF you don't do your part to contact the Reps that can actually change the laws, don't expect to laws to change without our direct support.

On 2nd thought Rep Angel Cruz probably is not worth your time contacting on G & F committee as he would like to ban all semi auto rifles and tax all you guns every years IF he could get the votes to pass that instead.

please contact everyone else on G & F that is no a sponsor

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...?cde=18&body=H
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Monroe County)

Its funny how my friend hunts coyote in NYS with an AR15 and here in PA you can not! go figure, that would be pretty cool though!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast