Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Walgreens fires Pharmacist who stopped armed robbery with his own firearm

Here's the response to the letter I sent to walgreen's;

Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation. Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes. Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments.
    Sincerely,

Courtney
    Consumer Response Representative
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Walgreens fires Pharmacist who stopped armed robbery with his own firearm

Here's what I got:

May 20, 2011

Dear Rady8um,

Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation. Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes. Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments.

Sincerely,

Alicia

Ref # 3085798
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Luzerne County)

And here is my response;

"Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our customers and employees" Well that obviously failed."Compliance is safer than confrontation" For the CRIMINAL! "Compliance is safer than confrontation", That's the SAME reasoning the Chicago PD uses when it advises Women , that they should carry Condems at all times just in case they are RAPED! "We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects."I'm sure that make's Everyone happy to know, that you will have Video of their Loved one's EXECUTION!! I will NO LONGER Patronize your store's, and I will use All resource's available to me to advise as many people I can to do the same.
    Last edited by nycems22; May 20th, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Luzerne County)

here's the link to email Coporate;

http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/c...te&h4=consumer
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Pharmacists make decent money our boy will be OK, Walgreens can suck it, but their policy is pretty much in every single workplace every where, employees must give up all rights to self defense as part of getting a job. Unless you work at a gun store.

(Berks County)

I'm looking forward to the same canned response you guys got. Here's my email, just fired off:

I wanted to congratulate the pharmacist, Jeremy Hoven, for saving the lives of his co-workers during a recent armed robbery at his store.

Unfortunately, I was dismayed to learn that Walgreens corporate does not share my sentiment and has fired Mr. Hoven, I will not only be taking my business elsewhere, but actively encouraging others to do so as well.

(Chester County)

I sent them an email saying they have lost my business and anyone I know business. Below is their response.

consumerrelations.bb@walgreens.com

Maybe if they had a no gun sign on the front door that would have stopped this robbery as well.

May 20, 2011

Dear Dan,

Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies

in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our

customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training

on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a

potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us

they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training

programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against

confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation.

Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record

of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in

recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance

cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able

to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime

suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and

high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of

robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes.

Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments.

Sincerely,

Rori R
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Berks County)

Part of the problem is that, sure, we can take our business elsewhere, but chances are that any chain we take our business to has the exact policy in effect. You're left going to a private non-chain pharmacy, and they're not exactly crawling out of the woodwork these days.

(Lancaster County)

I applaud the pharmacist for doing what was right and defending himself and his fellow employees. BUT, Walgreens obviously has a policy which he did indeed violate, and by all rights, they are correct in firing him. I know it sucks, but it's no different than the number of threads we've had here many times about people asking if it's ok if they carry at work or keep a gun in their car while on company property contrary to their company's policy.

The responses that have been received from the company are expected, and they just really don't care, which is obvious. I don't shop at Walgreens, I don't see a need to. My local grocery store that is firearms friendly has a nice pharmacy in it.

IMO, unless you're going to a pharmacy to get your prescription filled, there's no other reason to enter one, as the stuff that's in there can be found in other places, many times cheaper. Walgreens, CVS and the others are no different in shopping than buying stuff at 7-11 or Turkey Hill, they're there for convenience, and their prices reflect that.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Part of the problem is that, sure, we can take our business elsewhere, but chances are that any chain we take our business to has the exact policy in effect. You're left going to a private non-chain pharmacy, and they're not exactly crawling out of the woodwork these days.
    I want to say something negative but I won't. While you may be right if you bend over and take it companies will jump on that. If you stand your ground and let companies know they will lose business they MAY change their policies.

pro-active and positive. Come on, get with the program.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast