Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: U.S H.R. 1865 - Bill to Allow Carry on ACE Owned/Managed Property

Here is some further discussion of this topic....

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtop...45058&start=30

(Monroe County)

What does ACE owned property mean? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    Army Corps of Engineers

IIRC, they tend to "own" waterways in the US, and the land surrounding them.

(Lancaster County)

i wonder if the laws for ACE apply to Mariners working on the tug boats and barge operations on the riverways.... No weapons on the boats of private owners and employers...

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    The closest example to you would be the lake and lands surrounding F.E. Walter dam on Route 940 between Blakeslee, Whitehaven and Bear Creek.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Franklin County)

Anyone know what ever happened to this?
    I ask because apparently I unwittingly became a felon a last weekend.
    My wife and I made reservations online to stay at Miltons Loop Campground here in PA. We arrived at the campground just before dark, checked in, paid for a night and went to our campsite to set up before it got dark. The next morning I looked at the paper they gave us. Along with other rules it said "No Firearms". I got home and started wondering about that so after a lot of research it seems the land is owned by the Army Corps of Engineers.
    What the hell, I spent two days violating federal law.
    I live right next to the Maryland state line, I travel into MD often, I'm very cognizant of when and where I carry so the more I think about this, the more pissed off I get.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Anyone know what ever happened to this?
    I ask because apparently I unwittingly became a felon a last weekend.
    My wife and I made reservations online to stay at Miltons Loop Campground here in PA. We arrived at the campground just before dark, checked in, paid for a night and went to our campsite to set up before it got dark. The next morning I looked at the paper they gave us. Along with other rules it said "No Firearms". I got home and started wondering about that so after a lot of research it seems the land is owned by the Army Corps of Engineers.
    What the hell, I spent two days violating federal law.
    I live right next to the Maryland state line, I travel into MD often, I'm very cognizant of when and where I carry so the more I think about this, the more pissed off I get.
    I am interested in the hypothetical you posted about your camping experience. I know that in National Parks you can possess and carry firearms on the grounds but not in buildings. I wanted to visit the Army Heritage Museum in Carlisle, PA but I heard that you cannot bring firearms on to the property because it is owned by the US Army. Just last week I was driving around Davenport, Iowa and was interested in going to the Rock Island Arsenal Museum. Of course I was not carrying because Rock Island is in Illinois, an anti Constitution State. I was surprised to learn that once you get on the bridge that takes you across the Mississippi into Rock Island, you are already on posted Federal Property. I have not ideal what there rules are. Even carrying in FOPA compliance might not be legal.

In short, it is a mess that you cannot go in normal places without running the risk of committing a felony. Wolf and Peduto want to inflict a worse version on our entire State.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

It died in the subcommittees. See the short and unhappy history of this bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-...ew=closed#tabs

It was re-introduced again in each of the sub-sequential congressional sessions (113th, 114th, 115th) with similar lack of success. The current version (116th Congress) is titled H.R. 664: Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act of 2019.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...-bill/664/text
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr664

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    It died in the subcommittees. See the short and unhappy history of this bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-...ew=closed#tabs

It was re-introduced again in each of the sub-sequential congressional sessions (113th, 114th, 115th) with similar lack of success. The current version (116th Congress) is titled H.R. 664: Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act of 2019.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...-bill/664/text
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr664
    Thank you, I couldn't find anything current on it.
    Shame, Milton Loop is a nice campground that I'll never stay at again.
    The Hostler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12