As I was reading our township newsletter, I noticed on the next-to-last page a list of the township park rules.

<snip>
8. No explosives, fireworks, guns, rifles, air guns, bows slingshots or similar items.
</snip>
Further investigation, I found through the township website a link to the township Ordinances. York Township Ordinance Search §165-1(H) (the Parks & Recreation Rules and Regulations section) states:

<snip>
H. Use of explosives, fireworks, guns, rifles, airguns, bows, slingshots or any similar items is prohibited.
</snip>
First, notice the discrepancy in wording. The wording from the newsletter I take as an explicit "NO guns". The wording from the e360 website I find vague and unclear - does "carry" fall under "use"? I personally don't think so, I take that as a firearm discharge regulation.

I haven't gone to the parks to check the signage yet, nor to the township offices to see the ordinances firsthand. I think to start with, I'll fire off an email asking for clarification of the township's ordinance and find which is the correct "official" version.