Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Open Carry Friendly/Unfriendly Places

I will be visiting Erie this summer. I live in Texas and have both Texas and Pennsylvania LTC permits. What places and venues in Erie are OK with open carry. .... also what about those Liberty Park concerts?

(Erie County)

Default Re: Open Carry Friendly/Unfriendly Places

i don't usually open carry. i have a handful of friends that are both city and millcreek cops, and even two that are state police, and while they have all acknowledged that open carry is legal. they have also stated it is also their departments m.o to pretty much treat you like a criminal until otherwise proven that your not. it is quite sad and i have seen very few people open carry. it doesn't bother me persay either way as either approach to carrying i find to be comfortable, and i just don't have the time, nerve or patience to have a "negative experience" by some leo, that by rights is just trying to do his/her job. as misdirected and in breach of rights as it may be, i just don't like being hassled. as far as places off limits, there are a handful of bars and then your normal places that are typical no-no's and few that border on pre-emption issues. the mall and the crooked i (bar) are about the only places i have refuse to go for not supporting our rights, most other places as long as your responsible and concealed not a damn word will be said. but make sure your carrying its getting warm out and this place is turning into the wild west again. hahaha SHOTS FIRED....the official news anthem of summer in erie. mostly by the sideways stolen glock types though hahahah hope this was somewhat helpful, and if your a glock guy i quasi apologize....its the old ford vs chevy debate over and over and over again

oh and as far as liberty park concerts, not sure what the rules are in place there, and after a quick google search i didn't find anything either. i think it is a good thing they do down there for entertainment. however, you have to be a people person. i for one am not, i just don't do crowds, especially when there are quite a few punk ass teens and your typical riff raff that shows upto anything that has the word "free" in front of or behind it. but if you like crowds, music and a nice evening on the water, then yes could be right up your ally
    Last edited by svt98ryan; May 22nd, 2011 at 08:50 PM.

(Butler County)

Erie has the only mall I know of that allows OC. Millcreek Mall

Funny thing from an aerial view it even looks like a handgun.

Thanks Don for the Mall information.

Thanks SVT for the warnings/doom/personal preferences.

I've only lived in Erie for 3 years but I can comment on places I've either OC'd or seen people OC...

Wegmans (both locations)
    Wallyworld (new one off I-90)
    Millcreek Mall
    around the Bay Front restaurants

There really isn't too many people that I've seen (maybe a dozen or so). I do not know any police officers so I can not comment on that. I'm a member at Bay Harbor Marina, it is connected to Liberty Park. I can ask some old timers around there if they know the rules in Liberty Park next time I go over there.
    -Champion5-

http://www.porterie.org/downloads.php

Third one down is liberty park policy.
    Looks like they're more worried about little punk ass bitches than your sidearm.

(Erie County)

Question Re: Open Carry Friendly/Unfriendly Places

Hi folks. First post for me. I conceal carry. Getting ready to go to see a Seawolves game and was wondering what the firearms policy is at Jerry Uht? I have just spent the past hour searching for the answer and found nothing. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.