Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Educated someone an hour ago....

B"H

Well this incident just happened to me an hour ago and thought I should share it with all of you guys.
    I walk into this Convenient mart in kingston and was looking at some items, when I hear the owner who was behind me say to his employee in Indian "He had a pistol with him last time....this is the same guy.....he is hiding it....he is hiding it....". I immediately turn around and say in Indian "What am I Hiding"? He said "A gun". I said to him that I have a license with me and It is perfectly fine with hiding it. Then I thought for a second to just politely walk out of that store and never come back ,since the owner is so stupid. ......Something told me "NO! educate him like the guys on the pafoa do to other guys!!!" So I tell him how it is completely legal to conceal a firearm with a license. How it is legal to open carry without a license, how you can open AND conceal carry with a license. As I didnt speak Indian in a while I hard a hard time understanding what he was saying after that. Then I realized he was trying to say that "You have to conceal if you have a license and you have to open carry if you dont have a license"
    Then I said something to him (very very politely) which I never ever said in my entire life and I really meant it...I said "Go ahead and call the kingston police , and i will stand right here with my gun unconcealed and we will find out who is correct". I was prepared to stand up for myself because you guys on this forum taught me to. I was ready to let the police know very politely that what I was doing was completely legal. There was some silence while I was waved to pay for the merchandise and the owner comes back and says "Last week when you were her I saw your pistol get unconcealed while you were going for your wallet......I have no problem with you carrying a gun in my store ......but the customer who was beside you last time saw your gun too and after you left said to me that he was an officer in a PA law enforcement office , kinda like a cop and he told me that you probably have a license but should have been more careful keeping the gun concealed,because you have to conceal if u have a license." I was thinking in my mind yeah right!! PA law enforcement!!!That customer was probably lying to sound cool.Anyway I told the owner how with a license you could conceal AND open carry. He kept talking but I really didnt understand him much again. Then i showed him my LTCF and told him he should get one. Then I showed it to the employee and told him to get one and join this website. Later on i found out the employee lives half a block from me and rents from a very close friend of mine

I left the place saying they will have more business from me since they have no problem with people who carry guns in their store.
    The owner kept talking in the air while i was walking out and i still didnt get him.

p.s.

a)Thank heavens that stupid customer didnt say something like "You can shoot anyone who unconceals by mistake".
    b)I wear a blazer 24/7 as part of my religious garb.
    You got a permit to ask stupid Questions?"

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Educated someone an hour ago....

This is interesting to hear. I live in Exeter which is the nearby town to Kingston in Luzerne County. I assume it is the Kingston we are talking about. I have yet had the courage to OC in this area. Kingston PD seem a little tougher to deal with on some issues then Exeter and some others.

(Lackawanna County)

My boyfriend and his brother used to open carry in Kingston all the time. His brother lives in Avoca, and hangs out in Kingston and Plymouth all the time. From what he says, the only person to give him a had time was a woman working in a Turkey Hill in Plymouth. They both say that the police in those areas are fine with it.

(Allegheny County)

im impressed that you speak indian.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    im impressed that you speak indian.
    Right?! That was the coolest part of the story. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Good Job! being Polite and having the facts ready at hand is important. You should drop off the pamphlet to the store owner.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html

(Philadelphia County)

Good for you. I hate it when uneducated people get all worked up over something they don't know.

(York County)

One thing you might have tried to do (as others in the past) is show or ask them if they can find the word "concealed" on the license.
    C.R.

(The Invisible Poster)

(Lackawanna County)

Pittston, West Pittston, Exeter, Wyoming, Forty Fort...have never given me a problem. I think Chris has them all trained or something.

Good job.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Luzerne County)

Just an FYI, Kingston has had some armed robberies of mini-marts in the last few weeks. Many store owners/workers are probably a little touchy about seeing someone with a firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast