Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Tarentum Gun Show - Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Association

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Is this for real? If so, I'm sure a few reading this post are holding a "position of authority" in PGCA and can make sure this doesn't happen again.

OTOH, given the slimey tactics of the anti-gun community to say and do anything to smear gunshows and gun-owners, I can understand some paranoia.
    While not an officer with PGCA, I do know the president and I'll ask him about the "stroller incident".

(Armstrong County)

Yeah, that does not seem right at all.
    My buddy is on the board of directors, i'll say something as well.

Decent turn out for a June show and such nice weather.
    Didnt do too bad on sales, a heck of a lot better than Harrisburg last weekend.

(Elk County)

I recall something about not allowing strollers because of liability for injury for the toddlers, and for using strollers as "shopping carts."

OTOH, the PGCA powers-that-be allow Steve Wendell to scoot around aimlessly on his maroon metalflake four-wheeled power chair. Steve has told me about his myriad health issues and that most of the time he is on some pretty high-strength painkillers.

While I'm all about the intent of the ADA, I have to wonder what presents the greater risk of liability to the PGCA -- a child in a stroller, or Steve Wendell knocking somebody down while high and not paying attention to where he's going?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Westmoreland County)

Noah:

For the record Steve has already "bumped" some people. One of them several times. The guy says if Steve hits him again he's going to dump him off his scooter. I can't say as I blame him. Like you, I'm all for the ADA ( MY wife has some serious health issues as well), but Gees be carefull on those things. They ARE a motorized vehicle. Ok Rant over.

(Allegheny County)

I observed at least 3-4 scooters on Saturday morning. I didn't give them a second thought except to feel sorry that they can't walk like the rest of us. As for strollers, why the heck not? I think the fat asses that stand in the middle of the isle jawing are a lot worse.
    Toujours prêt

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Noah:

For the record Steve has already "bumped" some people. One of them several times. The guy says if Steve hits him again he's going to dump him off his scooter. I can't say as I blame him. Like you, I'm all for the ADA ( MY wife has some serious health issues as well), but Gees be carefull on those things. They ARE a motorized vehicle. Ok Rant over.

SG:

I'm one of the many "bumpees" that Steve has tagged. I've known him like forever, and sort of feel sorry for him, and sort of don't because he's pretty much asked for being in the state he's in. The spine is not designed to support a person without proper musculature. You don't keep up the muscle condition, you WILL experience back pain. And if you are predisposed to believe that all things can be "fixed" through medication, it becomes a downward spiral.

You and I have watched him physically slide over the past 20 years, and IMO it's a condition brought on by not enough physical activity, a tendency toward medication (or over-medication) among others. Good thing he's got that inheritance; he's going to need it big time once he's bedridden. It probably could be reversed with exercise, weight loss, and proper meds, maybe some surgery. The first step is WANTING to fix it the right way.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Butler County)

I certainly understand not permitting strollers... as the hosts, they can decide to do so for any reason whatsoever. My issue was with the "I'm going to have to take that" comment by the police officer. The guy could have been polite instead of treating us like criminals. A little decency goes a long way! The people accepting the entrance fee were nice, but the police officer made us feel rather small. I certainly don't need to put up with that sort of behavior. Instead, we took our money elsewhere.

(Armstrong County)

Verbage and attitude go a long way, either direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12