Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Test post

(Montgomery County)

Default Test post

forgetaboutit..
    Last edited by whoshisface; May 15th, 2011 at 07:11 PM.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: New Firearm Owner Society and the Formation Thereof

Www.foac-pac.org

We have been working to do just what you are saying here in central pa and have a solid group forming. With the help of my good friends here in central pa we have already won a few battles.

There is an eastern chapter of foac which david green is in charge of as well as some other foac members out east that will be happy to coordinate with you.

We have the potential to build on an existing foundation here laid by the hard work of some very capable people. Much of what we were able to do yesterday was thanks to people in foac who have paved the road into the wilderness and fought many tireless battles.

I would encourage you to call Kim and Dave Green(Ironsights) as well as myself and we can work together to build on what is already here.

(Delaware County)

as long as the goal of this "society" is to educate the public, then I'm in. I'm not interested in trying to plea with politicians that don't care about what I have to say.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Montgomery County)

With so many different gun organizations and clubs etc.. Is it wise to create yet another possibly fighting for the same rights/cause?

Gun Owners of America, NRA, and FOAC are just a few that I can name off the top of my head. You mentioned FOAC.. Are you envisioning being a part of FOAC? Or just working along side of them?

I was a member of Rolling Thunder which was a Club to help raise awareness for POW/MIA issues.. Members got upset with how the club was run and decided to splinter off and create their own. So they created Friends of the forgotten. And I think before that there was another group that went another direction.. All fighting for the same cause, but different opinions in how to accomplish it.

Wouldn't working with or under another already established Organization be better vs starting from the ground up? That whole united we stand, divided we fall thing..

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    That done be the point of the thread.

I'm hoping to make the structure for at least the eastern side first before committing to FOAC. More like a structure that will be within FOAC so we don't step on anyones toes while we customize it to fit our own personal objectives and then if it meshes with FOAC we will be FOAC. Right now I want a little bit of power to control who becomes the officers before we let it loose. Way before that happens we all need to come up with a game plan and most important meet privately in person.
    Well the Eastern Committee of FOAC is working more on educational issues, and election battles, than anything else right now.

Philadelphia is a whole different animal though, and how we go about working in the City has to be refined.

Oh, and networking with gun clubs, gun shows, and other groups interested in the 2nd amendment, is also a significant part of what the Eastern FOAC Committee is doing.

Reaching out to new firearms owners has to be done, but the groundwork for the committee or "chapter" isn't complete yet. Until it is it will be impossible for FOAC to further expand on new ideas at this point here out in the Eastern part of the State.

I can talk to you about this more, but not over the forum.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    With so many different gun organizations and clubs etc.. Is it wise to create yet another possibly fighting for the same rights/cause?

Gun Owners of America, NRA, and FOAC are just a few that I can name off the top of my head. You mentioned FOAC.. Are you envisioning being a part of FOAC? Or just working along side of them?

I was a member of Rolling Thunder which was a Club to help raise awareness for POW/MIA issues.. Members got upset with how the club was run and decided to splinter off and create their own. So they created Friends of the forgotten. And I think before that there was another group that went another direction.. All fighting for the same cause, but different opinions in how to accomplish it.

Wouldn't working with or under another already established Organization be better vs starting from the ground up? That whole united we stand, divided we fall thing..
    ^^^THIS^^^

Much of what you guys enjoy today stems from someone talking to politicians...as unpleasant and frustrating as that may be for some it is a necessary part of the process in conjunction with activism.

I think that there are some great ideas to move forward on but lets not forget why we are here. That rally in Philly would have been impossible if it hadn't been for people willing to talk to politicians and getting preemption passed.

I agree with Andrew that we need more outreach efforts but not instead of the political efforts, rather along side those efforts.

(Clinton County)

I'm texting you David Green's phone number...call him.

(Franklin County)

Ted, exactly what purpose to you envision that FOAC either isn't currently doing, or couldn't possible do going forward? They've already begun to formally expand across the state, and while this isn't complete yet, they're well ahead of anything new that would begin to develop.

I have no idea how many members FOAC has overall. I suspect the large majority of their members have come in through the ACSL connection. IMO, there is no reason that both the Central and Eastern chapters couldn't easily have 500 members each, composed of both 'sportsmen' and daily carriers who are interested in political action. I realize there is some overlaps in these classifications, but I think primarily they are two different groups (and mindsets).
    Last edited by gnbrotz; May 15th, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Tim and I talked at length about this in the am. I'm sure we will talk. As of right now I have 5 officers and while FOAC can focus on the election and education we can focus on getting together events. This thread really isn't about FOAC though. Its about identifying people that want to be active.
    who are these 5 officers?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Clinton County)

I guess my question is what are they doing in the east? Like i said I don't know of anything.

They most certainty can take over the oc events in philly, I'll bow out.

For the love of god I've waited for an OC event in Philly for like 6 years..

Exactly how long was I going to have to wait until FOAC jumped in there and did it?

I'm not criticizing FOAC, they do their thing and they do it quite well as is observed in state college that is huge! That will give us loads of change regarding pre-emption. What i don't understand is that FOAC made preemption happen and for the last what 10+ years didn't stop preemption violations until.... Hum as I recall the first overturned park preemption violation code that I heard of was overturned by just a lonely member here not FOAC..

I don't know the history of FOAC, the present of FOAC, but I suspect after the premption win that most of it died off and only recently is getting active.

As I read this post the eastside doesn't even have a full chapter.

Again this is not the thread to discuss FOAC. Let's open another.
    State College is a drop in the bucket compared to all the work that has been done before my own efforts. Preemption was one major victory that FOAC was involved with and there have been many, many more. I suggest that some of the current officers and members of FOAC could properly educate you on the details and I am sure some of them will be in here to do so, but the work they have done has been active and ongoing for the past 18 years. Castle Doctrine has been 7 YEARS of work alone.

Just because it isn't shouted from the mountain tops doesn't mean that there haven't been people hard at work laying the foundations for what you now see.

As I am learning, some of the work needed to be done to get us to the goal line is thankless and grueling. It feels good to stand up at a rally and have a successful victory but as I constantly remind myself every victory is not won on my efforts alone. I would never have been able to even make the arguments I made in State College if it hadn't been for the work done by members of FOAC . I stand on their shoulders and yesterday at the rally all of us did the same.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; May 15th, 2011 at 07:09 PM.