Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: "Manually Operated"

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    OK, so how's this for a workable modification?

"Semi automatic rifles are permissible for hunting big or small game, provided that only detachable magazines of 5 rds or less are used or carried on one's person."

Seems like a perfectly workable compromise to me, to placate those who seem to think that semi-users will just hose down the forest.

For now, if you want to hunt with a semi in Pa, just get a really good semi auto 12ga slug gun.
    That is a sensible regulation. Most state that allow semiautos have 5rnd mag capacity, and stipulate the same for having greater capacity mags on their person.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by dwalk View Post
    PA has capacity restrictions on small game only. No more than 3 rounds (2+1, if your magazine holds 3, your over the limit)
    Only for shotgun. Manually operated rifles don't have a limit for small game. They are only limited in bore size up to 22rimfire during certain overlapping seasons, and up to .23 caliber(rimfire or centerfire) for other overlapping seasons.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Allegheny County)

I tend to agree the more important issue at hand is the lack of Sunday hunting in PA. The lack of hunting on Sunday will be the end of hunting in PA and that will end the debate on wether or not we should be able to hunt big game with semi's.

For those of you who do not hunt because we can not use semi's, I would encourage you to buy a license, push for Sunday hunting, and then we can talk about semi's.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by spagluvx View Post
    I tend to agree the more important issue at hand is the lack of Sunday hunting in PA. The lack of hunting on Sunday will be the end of hunting in PA and that will end the debate on wether or not we should be able to hunt big game with semi's.

For those of you who do not hunt because we can not use semi's, I would encourage you to buy a license, push for Sunday hunting, and then we can talk about semi's.
    I'm on board for Sunday hunting too. Sat and Sun are my only days I have to hunt. I don't get vacation, I don't get holidays either. I'll gladly trade Tues, Weds, and Thurs for Sunday.

(Chester County)

I'm actually considering doing the same, but with a bolt action/reciprocating charging handle upper like the LAR OPS4 - or preferably something in 6.8 SPC.

Did you plug the gas hole in the barrel, or leave it alone?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    build an AR Upper with no gas system so its a straight pull manual action, like I did... you should seen the fishcop that looked like he came in his pants thinking he was gonna arrest me for using a semi to hunt groundhogs upstate in rifle country... then looked like he was gonna cry when I showed him it was a manually operated upper with no gas port or anything in the barrel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567