Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Got my c and r yesterday

As title says, haven't received my packet yet, but I am wondering about suggestions for a bound book? Good kind to buy? Make my own, any suggestions?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Got my c and r yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by hare12y View Post
    As title says, haven't received my packet yet, but I am wondering about suggestions for a bound book? Good kind to buy? Make my own, any suggestions?
    i just cobbled together a form in a word processor and printed it out. you could just take looseleaf paper and stick it in a notebook. other than what information is recorded there are no requirements for a bound book. it doesnt even have to be bound.

(Beaver County)

There is an old thread on PAFOA.(C&R FFL bound books by RK Enterprises ).If you search that it will provide you with the info you are looking for.RK enterprises is also recommended on AR 15.com.Sorry I couldn't figure out how to provide a link this morning.

This is the thread.
    C&R FFL bound books by RK Enterprises
    Dec 2, 2008 ... I recently received my C&R FFL license and I needed to obtain some form of bound book to track all of my acquisitions and dispositions.
    forum.pafoa.org .

(Berks County)

I just have a ring binder I keep my stuff in, I found this page pre made to keep logs of firearms, it does what it has to.

http://www.streetlethal.net/cr/boundbookpage

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    I just have a ring binder I keep my stuff in, I found this page pre made to keep logs of firearms, it does what it has to.

Print those pages off and get a binder from the dollar store and you are set. Better get the thick one. It is very addicting.

(Delaware County)

Congrats. How was the process, pita or painless? How long did it take from start to finish?
    Good luck with your collection.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hooknladder View Post
    Print those pages off and get a binder from the dollar store and you are set. Better get the thick one. It is very addicting.
    Yep, that's the sheet I use. I print out the sheet and keep each in a clear sheet protector/pocket in a three-ring binder. That way you can always add more sheets as your collection grows. I personally started to keep supporting documents in the sheets protectors as well: things like the buyer's/seller's license copy, receipts, etc. That way everything is right there in the binder which makes a nice bound book.

(York County)

Sounds good, I printed the page and will put it in plastic sheets in a binder. The c and r was a piece of cake took about a month and a half to two months. Now I just need to start using it. I am think my first purchase will be a mosin.

(Berks County)

I got my C&R with plans of buying a couple but so far I havnt bought a single one with it, my work slowed down I went from 50-60 hr weeks to only getting 36 hrs a week for the past year, hopfully my work will pick back up and I can buy a couple before i have to renew it, mine runs out dec this year.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by hare12y View Post
    Sounds good, I printed the page and will put it in plastic sheets in a binder. The c and r was a piece of cake took about a month and a half to two months. Now I just need to start using it. I am think my first purchase will be a mosin.
    Make sure to make a lot of copies, and make sure to send/email/fax one of these signed copies to a lot of gun/ammo/reloading/gun accessories dealers. Midway, Brownells, CDNN, Grafs, Wolff, etc. will give you an FFL discount on everything/almost everything they sell! I'll use Wolff gunsprings for example; they give us 03 FFL holders 33% OFF the prices at their website. Now that's a hell of a deal!

Google up threads that have lists of businesses who give 03 FFL discounts. BTW, make sure you get a CZ82 before they run dry with your 03 FFL; damn near the best deal going on a great pistol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast